Grey exclamation mark on polyline popups in Viewer 3.1

12-18-2012 02:56 AM
JosVroegop
New Contributor II
Hello,

I am still experiencing the grey exclamation mark or "GCOD" when i use popups on polylines in the 3.1 release of the flexviewer.
This only occurs when i zoom to the two smallest zoomlevels in the flexviewer. 

I was having the same troubles with the 3.0 version and was hoping this would be fixed in the 3.1 release.

Does anyone have the same issue? And if so, has anyone been able to fix the error without disabeling popups all together?
I think the 3.1 release has some awesome new features but i won't be able to use this (or the previous 3.0) version untill this is resolved.

Hope someone can help, esri maybe? Thanks in advance.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
Is your Viewer or service public? It would help us to reproduce this issue.

As a workaround, can you try setting the Map style "infoWindowRendererHighlightColor" to NaN.

See:
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-api/apiref/com/esri/ags/Map.html#styleSummary
0 Kudos
JosVroegop
New Contributor II
Unfortunately our viewer and services aren't public. I will try the workaround tomorrow, thanks for the suggestion.
0 Kudos
JosVroegop
New Contributor II
Hello Dasa,

I put up two sites for you to look at, one with highlight and one with modification as shown below.

highlight enabled (standard 3.1)
highlight disabled (InfoPopup.xml modified)

Note the difference when you click on the blue railtracks and try to zoom in.

When the init function in the InfoPopup.mxml is modified flash no longer chrashes on polyline popups when zoomed in to the smallest levels.
private function init():void
            {
                map.addEventListener(PanEvent.PAN_UPDATE, repositionInfo);
                map.addEventListener(ExtentEvent.EXTENT_CHANGE, repositionInfo);
                //Add to bypass infoWindowRendererHighlightColor
                map.setStyle('infoWindowRendererHighlightColor', NaN);
 }
0 Kudos
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
Thank you. This is helpful.
0 Kudos
JosVroegop
New Contributor II
Hi Dasa,

If possible, would you please reply this post if there is any information on when this will be fixed?
I would love to use the highlight, it provides a better user-experience in my opinion. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
0 Kudos
Shingo-Ikeda
New Contributor III
We are experiencing the same GCOD in 3.1 as well. Followings are my understanding regarding the issue (plz correct me if I am wrong):

• It is happening to the multipart segment selection with popupinfo, and it seems that it is related to the highlighted geometry goes out of scope of map extent.

• When graphicslayer is used to highlight a segment (as in Identity Widget), the error does not occur.

• Unlike the similar error in 3.0, GCOD does not occur upon zooming. It happens as user clicks on a multipart segment. GCOD appears when user is zoomed in tight on a segment where highlights goes beyond the map extent.

• Once 'infoWindowRendererHighlightColor' is set to NaN, issue goes away, but map highlight is disabled.

• It seems it is related to the geometry handler in the 'com.esri.ags.components.supportClasses.InfoWindow', but API does not provide the code to review.

It is important for users to keep the segment highlighted to review the target geometry. Thanks for all your hard works!

Regards,
Shingo
Shingo Ikeda
Geospatial Data Scientist/Developer - Geographical Information Platform
Global Power Generation - Digital Satellite USA and Canada
0 Kudos
KennyWebster
New Contributor III
As others have posted, as a workaround we're disabling the glow filter for layers causing problems.  But this is not really an ideal solution.  Is there a better work around yet?
0 Kudos
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
This issue has been fixed in version 3.2:
http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDg4NzE4
0 Kudos
KennyWebster
New Contributor III
This issue has been fixed in version 3.2:
http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDg4NzE4

Thanks for that!

Can you possible tell me if this applies to the glow filter in general or is specifically related to the infoWindows?  We're experiencing this issue in several custom widgets which apply a glow filter to larger graphics.
0 Kudos