How to Debug with URL Parameter?

Jump to solution
04-03-2012 06:47 AM
chuckfrank
Occasional Contributor
Hello,

I'm working on the flexviewer and passing in a querystring (URL Parameter).  The problem is I can't figure out how to change the URL and keep flash builder in debug mode.  As soon as I change the URL, I'm no longer in debug mode.  For example, if I append "?id=123" to the URL, I can't debug it anymore.  Is there a way to start debug mode with the query string? 

Thanks,
Chuck
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Chuck,

Sure. You need to have your flex project setup to use your local webserver instead of running from the file system though. In your Flex Builders project properties ensure you have the "Output folder URL" set to your webserver (i.e. http://gislap134/FlexViewer2.5) on the Flex Build Path > Library Path page. Next you need to Run/Debug Settings (in the Flex Project properties still) and click on the launch configuration in the list and then edit button, in the main tab and URL or path to launch uncheck the Use default and add your url param to the url listed there.

Don't forget to click the Mark as answer check on this post and to click the top arrow (promote) as shown below:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Chuck,

Sure. You need to have your flex project setup to use your local webserver instead of running from the file system though. In your Flex Builders project properties ensure you have the "Output folder URL" set to your webserver (i.e. http://gislap134/FlexViewer2.5) on the Flex Build Path > Library Path page. Next you need to Run/Debug Settings (in the Flex Project properties still) and click on the launch configuration in the list and then edit button, in the main tab and URL or path to launch uncheck the Use default and add your url param to the url listed there.

Don't forget to click the Mark as answer check on this post and to click the top arrow (promote) as shown below:
0 Kudos
chuckfrank
Occasional Contributor
It's working nicely.  Thanks for your help Robert!
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Chuck,

Glad you got it working. Don't forget (the most important step) to click the Mark as answer check on this post as shown below:
0 Kudos