Identify Widget 3.0.1f - results & white exclamation problem

Jump to solution
11-19-2012 11:45 AM
MayJeff
Occasional Contributor
I have some problems using the identify widget.  1) Everytime I try to identify a feature, I will get this message "No Results Found" before the results show up.  I try to modify the code on ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer but still get the same message.
2) Somestimes I will get a White screen with exclamation mark after the identify results show up.
Have any ideas how to solve this problems?  Thanks for the time to look into it.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
29 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Shingo,

It is really going to help you in the future to use the proper terminology. What you are calling non-identify widget identifying is simply using a layers PopUp. As far as the standard PopUp ever crashing Flash Player with a GCOD... I have never seen this happen. I have only seen this with my old Identify Widget.
0 Kudos
Shingo-Ikeda
New Contributor III
Robert,

Good to know. Before I attempted the identify widget, I am observing this GCOD issue with normal layer popup. It is resolved for upcoming API, but it is strange that not many users have recognized.

Shingo
Shingo Ikeda
Geospatial Data Scientist/Developer - Geographical Information Platform
Global Power Generation - Digital Satellite USA and Canada
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Shingo,

Are you saying that it happens with PopUps on Polylines but does not crash until you zoom into the highlighted polyline where there is a portion of the line outside the maps extent?
0 Kudos
Shingo-Ikeda
New Contributor III
Exactly.
Shingo
Shingo Ikeda
Geospatial Data Scientist/Developer - Geographical Information Platform
Global Power Generation - Digital Satellite USA and Canada
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Shingo,

If that is the case than no there is no work around for that. You will have to wait for the 3.1 API that fixes that bug.
0 Kudos
RichardDiaz
New Contributor III
Just tested the 3.1 API/Viewer and I am still getting the GCOD.  Tested a polyline featueclass that is in SDE and FGDB with the same results.

Rick
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Richard,

So you are saying that you can get the GCOD when using the identify widget on a polyline Using Version 3.1 of the Identify Widget?
0 Kudos
RichardDiaz
New Contributor III
Richard,

So you are saying that you can get the GCOD when using the identify widget on a polyline Using Version 3.1 of the Identify Widget?

Robert,

My bad.  I posted this in the wrong thread.  This is in the 3.1 Viewer and relating to the popups.  Not your widget.

Rick
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Richard,

OK, that makes me feel better... The API team is aware that there is still an issue with Polylines and it will be addressed in the next version of the API.
0 Kudos
RichardDiaz
New Contributor III
Richard,

OK, that makes me feel better... The API team is aware that there is still an issue with Polylines and it will be addressed in the next version of the API.

Robert,

FYI, just tried a fix from post #4 on this thread that removes the glowfilter. I'll run with this until the API is repaired.

Regards,

Rick
0 Kudos