Identify Widget 3.5- Field with UNC path for hyperlink not working

11-04-2013 01:42 PM
JayDira
New Contributor
Hello,

Previously we were using Identify Widget 2.5 and we had a UNC path in one of the fields when you click it one it, the image will appear. For that Identfy Widget we just had to configure the fields in between <hyperlink>.
But the new 3.5 the configuration is different and we cant get it to work.
Can we get some guidance. We looked at the user guide but still no luck. Below is our original code in the identify widget 3.5. The field with the UNC path is "GPS_Photo" An example of the UNC path in the field looks like this: \\gis\gis\project\gps\image\####.jpg

<layer>
   <name>Curb_GPS</name>
   <fields>
    <field name="GPS_ID"  />
    <field name="LOCATION" />
    <field name="SIZE"  />
    <field name="SF" />
    <field name="PARKWAY_su"  />
    <field name="NOTES" />
    <field name="GPS_PHOTO"  />
    <field name="X" />
    <field name="Y" />

</fields>
   <links>
    <link includeinresults="false" field="" alias="" tooltip="">
     <linkprefix></linkprefix>
     <linksuffix></linksuffix>
     <iconfield></iconfield>
     <iconprefix></iconprefix>
     <iconsuffix></iconsuffix>
    </link>
   </links>

Thanks,
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jay,

Though you had UNC paths working in the 2.5 version of the widget. I do not recommend that at all. You need to setup a virtual directory that points to the UNC path that way you store a rel url in your data. But none the less, the widget has no clue that you are wanting a link because you have not specified the field to be used for the link. I am open to advice on how to make this more clear in the documentation.

<links>
    <link includeinresults="false" field="GPS_PHOTO" alias="" tooltip="">
     <linkprefix></linkprefix>
     <linksuffix></linksuffix>
     <iconfield></iconfield>
     <iconprefix></iconprefix>
     <iconsuffix></iconsuffix>
    </link>
   </links>
0 Kudos
JayDira
New Contributor
Thanks Robert,

I made the changes that you provided and I was still not able to pull up the link. I have also changed the unc path to a virtual directory. Attached is screenshot of my results.[ATTACH=CONFIG]28866[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jay,

So give me an example of what the URL in the "GPS_Photo" field looks like now.
0 Kudos
JayDira
New Contributor
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jay,

So you are say in 2.5 version of the widget that the identify was showing a thumbnail of the image and when you clicked on the thumbnail it open in a new browser window without any issue? Can you provide your old 2.5 IdentifyWidget.xml for this layer?

What does the url of the application look like in the addressbar of your browser? Does it start with http://dbgis? If not than that could be a Flex Security issue.
0 Kudos