Identify Widget for FlexViewer 2.1

09-23-2010 11:34 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I have been waiting for the Final release of the FlexViewer 2.1 before I started to push out some widgets I have been working on.

Here is my Identify Widget for Flex Viewer 2.1. I have tested to ensure proper functioning with FlexViewer 2.1 and am now releasing it to you since the API Team did not get one into the FlexViewer.

Here is the link:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=39cf66d58c234279ba728c50461a1a89

More FlexViewer 2.1 widgets to come stay tuned...
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
266 Replies
RayGreen
New Contributor II
Robert,

So I upgraded from beta to 2.1 and the widget is working great except for one problem, I changed the label name in my config.xml and after that it wouldnt identify the points....once I changed the label name back to what it was it started working again.  Any thoughts on what is going on there?

Thanks for the help!

-Ray
0 Kudos
JustinFultz
New Contributor III
I am getting duplicate returns as disscussed earlier in this thread.  I only have 1 map service with a layer with this name. I have specified that I only want to identify that particular layer and certain fields from it's attribute table.  Any ideas as to where my problem might be?  Earlier someone stated that it could be an issue with my map document, but what type of issue would cause these results?

Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Emily,

In your config file I only see one layer specified to return more than one field...
Survey layer should be returning DOCUMENT_N, YEAR so are you say that it is not returning the YEAR field?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Andrea and Justin,

Do either of you have multiple map services in your map that have a layer that is identically named?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Ray,

The only thing that I can assume is that when you changed the label of the widget you introduced a syntax error in your config.xml...
0 Kudos
MarshallPlants
New Contributor
Robert,

Great widget, thanks for posting.

Is there an easy way to print the information from this tool or from your search tool, or does that require another widget alltogether?  If not, do you plan on writing or posting a "Print Information" widget?  Also, it would be helpful if we could export the search results.

Thanks,

Marshall
0 Kudos
EmilyLaMunyon
Occasional Contributor
Hi Robert,

This is Emily, sorry it took me a while to get back to you.

Yes, the identity widget is not returining the YEAR field.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
JustinFultz
New Contributor III
Andrea and Justin,

Do either of you have multiple map services in your map that have a layer that is identically named?

Robert,

There are not multiple layers with the same name either in that service, or in other services in the application.  Very strange behavior.  Any other ideas?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Emily,

Field names are case sensitive and your field list should be comma separated with no spaces.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Justin,

This is an issue a handful of people have reported but I have not been able to reproduce using ESRIs map services or mine so I have not been able to troubleshoot it. Sorry no more ideas on this one.
0 Kudos