Layer List in v2.5

12-23-2011 05:21 AM
MattShetzer
New Contributor
I was wondering if there is an easy way to disable the "description" option in the new v2.5 Layer List.  I really like the other functionality, but do not want to use the description link at this point,  or if there is another way to redirect the user to a different URL as I'd prefer to do more of an online help than reference them to the service.

Thank you,
Matt Shetzer
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Matt,

There is nothing configurable for this. You would have to change the code in /FlexViewer2.5/src/com/esri/viewer/components/toc/tocClasses/TocLayerMenu.mxml in the descriptionOrDownloadLabel_clickHandler function.
0 Kudos
MattShetzer
New Contributor
Thank you Robert for all your help !!!

Matt

Matt,

There is nothing configurable for this. You would have to change the code in /FlexViewer2.5/src/com/esri/viewer/components/toc/tocClasses/TocLayerMenu.mxml in the descriptionOrDownloadLabel_clickHandler function.
0 Kudos
SamKrueger1
New Contributor III

Hi,

Is the method described above still the only way to disable the "description" pick list option under the Layers button? This is an older post, but I'm not finding many recent content on this in the forums.

I'm using flex 3.6 build date 12.13.2013.

Thanks for any insight!

Sam

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sam,

The same still applies.

0 Kudos
SamKrueger1
New Contributor III

Thanks, that's good to know..

Just to clarify I need to change the source code of the flex application itself correct?

I tried following the path you outlined above but couldn't find the same folder paths on my machine..

I'm looking under the 'ArcGIS Viewer for Flex' install folder. Does it sound like I'm in the correct spot?

0 Kudos