Login prompt occurring for each secured service?

09-15-2014 06:12 AM
CarmellaBurdi
New Contributor II

I have secured services in a flex application - there are four folders which contain approximately two dozen services between them. In IE I get one login in screen and then I am in. In Chrome or Firefox, the browser prompts with a login screen for EACH of my secured services! All four folders have the same login and username so this should not be happening. I'm using 3.6 and this issue is very recent. Anyone have any idea what is going on here? It's got to be browser related right? When I check the app in Flex Builders test (preview) environment, it works as it should.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Carmella,

The only time I have seen the user prompted for login multiple times is when they have a case difference in the urls that they are using in different areas of the app. Flex is a CaSe sensitive language and thus a url like

http://sampleserver1.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/TaxParcel/TaxParcelQuery/MapServer

and

http://sampleserver1.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/TaxParcel/TaxParcelquery/MapServer

(the difference is the q in the TaxParcelquery)

are not the same and thus you are prompted again for a login.

0 Kudos
CarmellaBurdi
New Contributor II

Thanks, Robert! I'll check into this.

0 Kudos
RobinPaone
New Contributor II

Do you resolve this?

0 Kudos
CarmellaBurdi
New Contributor II

Nope. It's still occurring.

I am convinced it is a browser issue. IE seems to respect the tokens or whatever and will log me in to all my services.

Firefox will ask me to log in three times (the number of folders the services are stored in).

Chrome will want me to log in for each and every service (and there are dozens of them). It's frustrating.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Carmella,

I have been working with the Flex Viewer for many years now and helping people on these forums with it. The issue you are having 99% of the time has to do with some minor difference in the URL CaSe (I can't tell you how many time people on the forums have told me that their urls are fine and it turned up to be a minor CaSe difference that they overlooked multiple times). I would recommend that you copy and paste all the URLS in your config files to notepad and compare them one right under another (and letter by letter). I doubt that it is a browser issue as all the others I dealt with on this issue also said that it works time in IE and not Chrome and FireFox (for some reason IE does something to handle the error).

0 Kudos