Make Hyperlinks in Related Records

05-16-2013 07:43 AM
RoseZhou
New Contributor III
Hi,

In the "Attribute Table widget" of FlexViewer 3.3, if a  Uniform Resource Locator (URL) exists as a field value in the Related Records, it is displayed as plain text string not as a hyperlink.

Does anyone know or can anyone give me some directions how to make the URL field as a hyperlink?

Thanks a lot in advance

Rose
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RoseZhou
New Contributor III
Does anybody have any ideas?

Rose
0 Kudos
GeorgeHaskett
Occasional Contributor III
Rose,

I'm running into the same problem.

If I remember correctly, you can access hyperlink fields via Rob's Enhanced Search Widget (eSearch) which you can download from the ESRI gallery at:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e

It is a really great tool and I highly advice it.

I was hoping that the stock attribute widget would display the hyperlinks as I like to use it in the my simple maps, however I do use the eSearch widget when I am using more complex searches and relates, etc.

Let me know if you find a solution to the attribute widget.  They just released 3.5, maybe we will get lucky....

Haskett
0 Kudos
MatthewFletcher
Occasional Contributor
Rose,
I called tech support about something similar to this in July 2013.  Hyperlinks displayed through a related record in a popup window don't work either.  ESRI logged the issue as bug # NIM092242.

The bug description is "Please provide a way to specify hyperlinks for a field with URLs in the "show related records" popup."

It sort of sounds like what your facing with the hyperlinks not working in the attribute table widget.  Maybe we'll get lucky and both issues will be fixed at the same time.

Matt
0 Kudos
RoseZhou
New Contributor III
In FlexViewer 3.6, Hyperlinks can now be clicked and opened from a related record in a pop-up window. But to show the hyperlinks, the field must have the full URL in it. Is it possible to store the relative path only in the field and add prefix dynamically to generate the full URL on-the-fly?

Any directions to customize the code to achieve this?

Thanks

Rose
0 Kudos