MapSwitcher Thumbnails for Streets & Imagery

05-17-2012 06:58 AM
DerekHunter
New Contributor
I have enabled thumbnails per tag <showthumbnails>false</showthumbnails>, but need to determine where to reference the actual thumbnail image to use so it doe not use the defualt defaultBasemapIcon.png.. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Derek,

Unfortunately you are still posting in the Flex API forum. Here is the proper forum URL:

http://forums.arcgis.com/forums/111-ArcGIS-Viewer-for-Flex

But to answer your question, it goes in the main config.xml as the icon property of each basemap layer:

<layer label="Streets" type="tiled" visible="true"
                   icon="assets/images/basemap_streets.jpg"
                   url="http://server.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Street_Map/MapServer"/>

Don't forget to click the Mark as answer check on this post and to click the top arrow (promote).
Follow the steps as shown in the below graphic:
0 Kudos
DerekHunter
New Contributor
So sorry.  Am I able to delete the thread?  I see how you can delete posts.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Derek,

no you can not delete a thread, the moderator will have to.
0 Kudos
ChristinaMcCullough
New Contributor III
I want to display all the base maps from ArcGIS Online with the Nat Geo as my default map.  I can add the icon text to display the thumbnails; however, I can only find a couple of the thumbnail images.  Where are the remaining images in the project?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
ChristinaMcCullough
New Contributor III
Thank you, this is exactly what I needed.  

Do you know where the other base map thumbnails are hiding?  Is there a central location for all the base map thumb nails so that I will not have to bother you the next time I may need one, i.e. grey scale?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Christina,

I just intercepted the HTML traffic that was made to ArcGIS Online to get the urls and copy the images. Here is a zip containing all that I am aware of:
0 Kudos
ChristinaMcCullough
New Contributor III
Very nice!!!  thank you once again.
0 Kudos