Pop-up in Flex 3.6 - How do you configure a hyperlink to a PDF file?

Jump to solution
09-12-2014 03:13 PM
DevonHedemark1
New Contributor III

How do I configure a pop-up to include a hyperlink to a PDF?  I use this syntax below in the eSearch widget and it works.

<links>

<link alias="Open Assessor Map" disablelinksifnull="true">

<![CDATA[PDF\{publish_RDDGIS_PCLCOMP_APBOOKPAGE}.PDF]]>

<icon><![CDATA[assets/images/w_link.png]]></icon>

</link>

I have searched and can't seem to find an example.  I have looked over the widget help and documentation and do not seee an example of a PDF link.

Regards, Devon

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Devon,

Popups will automatically add  link if (and only if) the field begins with http or https.So you can not use a UNC path to your pdf. Another way some accomplish this is to add a media with type image and have some generic image such as a adobe pdy icon and then specify the link in the imagelink attribute:

<medias>

<media type="image" caption="PDF Link" imagesource="{URL}" imagelink="{URL}"/>

</medias>

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Devon,

Popups will automatically add  link if (and only if) the field begins with http or https.So you can not use a UNC path to your pdf. Another way some accomplish this is to add a media with type image and have some generic image such as a adobe pdy icon and then specify the link in the imagelink attribute:

<medias>

<media type="image" caption="PDF Link" imagesource="{URL}" imagelink="{URL}"/>

</medias>

0 Kudos
DevonHedemark1
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert!  I was starting to figure this was the case but wanted to confirm.  Not sure if I can ask one more question here of should put it in a new thread but here goes:

I just want to remove the thousand separator from one field in the pop-up but can't seem to get the syntax correct.

Here is my pop-up configuration.

<configuration>
    <title>APN: {publish.RDDGIS.PCLCOMP.PIN}</title>
    <fields>
        <field name="publish.RDDGIS.Parcels.Tempkey" alias="GIS#" visible="true"/>
        <field name="publish.RDDGIS.PCLCOMP.SITUSADDRESS" alias="Situs Address" visible="true"/>
        <field name="publish.RDDGIS.PCLCOMP.APT" alias="Unit#" visible="true"/>
        <field name="publish.RDDGIS.PCLCOMP.OWNERNAME1" alias="Owner Name" visible="true"/>
        <field name="publish.RDDGIS.PCLCOMP.OWNERADDRESS" alias="Owner Address" visible="true"/>
        <field name="publish.RDDGIS.PCLCOMP.OWNERCITY"   alias="Owner City" visible="true"/>
        <field name="publish.RDDGIS.PCLCOMP.OWNERSTATE"   alias="Owner State" visible="true"/>
        <field name="publish.RDDGIS.PCLCOMP.OWNERZIP"   alias="Owner Zip" visible="true"/>
        <field name="publish.RDDGIS.PCLCOMP.LUGROUP"   alias="Land-Use Group" visible="true"/>
        <field name="publish.RDDGIS.Parcels.ACRES"   alias="Acres" visible="true"/>
    </fields>
    <showattachments>true</showattachments>
    <description>
    <![CDATA[<p>GIS#: {publish.RDDGIS.Parcels.Tempkey}</p><p>Situs Address: {publish.RDDGIS.PCLCOMP.SITUSADDRESS}</p><p>Unit#: {publish.RDDGIS.PCLCOMP.APT}</p><p>Owner

Name: {publish.RDDGIS.PCLCOMP.OWNERNAME1}</p><p>Owner Address: {publish.RDDGIS.PCLCOMP.OWNERADDRESS}</p><p>Owner City: {publish.RDDGIS.PCLCOMP.OWNERCITY}</p><p>Owner State:

{publish.RDDGIS.PCLCOMP.OWNERSTATE}</p><p>Owner Zip: {publish.RDDGIS.PCLCOMP.OWNERZIP}</p><p>Land-Use Code: {publish.RDDGIS.PCLCOMP.LUGROUP}</p><p>Acres:

{publish.RDDGIS.Parcels.ACRES}</p>]]> 
    </description> 

</configuration>

I try this with no luck:

<field name="publish.RDDGIS.Parcels.Tempkey" alias="GIS#" visible="true">

<format usethousandseparator ="false"/>

I have been hunting but can't seem to get it right.  You have probably answered these same questions for years.

Regards, Devon

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Devon,

Sure thing. You are just missing the second "s" in usethousandsseparator

0 Kudos