Popup info is adding many numbers behind decimal point?

09-26-2012 11:37 AM
ReedDavis
New Contributor
I have configured my popup to show percent unemployment for the county that is clicked, the popup displays the information but adds about ten bogus numbers after the decimal on some counties. The source data is configured as follows: The percent unemployment field is float with precision of 6 scale of 2, number of decimal places 2. The same is occurring in the search tool which leads me to believe it is a source data formatting issue. Any Ideas?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
34 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
RD,

Do you even get the rest of the description text (i.e. Percent Unemployment:)?
0 Kudos
ReedDavis
New Contributor
Example of a popup return:

Newton County
Percent Unemployment: 9.399999618530273

Actual Value(as given by your identify tool): 9.4%
Value in table: 9.4%
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
RD,

What is the actual field type reported by the REST Service directory?
0 Kudos
ReedDavis
New Contributor
PECENT_UNE ( type: esriFieldTypeSingle , alias: Percent Unemployment )
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
RD,

OK that is what I figured. There is a known bug with the field type esriFieldTypeSingle  coming from ArcGIS Server 10.0.x. I don't have the bug number though.
ReedDavis
New Contributor
Could it help to change from float to double in the source?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
RD,

Absolutely, the single field type is the only one with the issue.
0 Kudos
ReedDavis
New Contributor
Can you create a new text field in the raw data and copy the data over as text?  Then you can format exactly like you want.

Same thing I was thinking, however my field calculator is greyed out, any thoughts on this? Tried it in and out of editing session, no luck. Tried creating a duplicate of the data and adding a field to it, field calculator still greyed. ?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
RD,

Did you stop your map service and make sure that there is no one else using the data, so that any data locks will be removed?
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Robert:

I do not mean to hijack this post, but I have a question directly related to the scenario that Reed is experiencing.

Would the locks that you are speaking about in regards to the ArcGIS Server mapservices apply to both the source data originating from a file geodatabases and SDE geodatabases?  Are the locks handled differently in each geodatabase?
0 Kudos