Print Widget: How to change locale of Date label

Jump to solution
11-26-2013 04:05 AM
YohanBienvenue
Occasional Contributor II
Hi,

I use the following URL for an Export Web Map Task configuration in my PrintWidget.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" ?> <configuration>    <taskurl>http://azivm2k8sqlexp:6080/arcgis/rest/services/Utilities/PrintingTools/GPServer/Export%20Web%20Map%20Task</taskurl>        <layouttemplates  visible="true" defaultvalue="Letter ANSI A Landscape">       <layouttemplate>Tabloid ANSI B Landscape</layouttemplate>       <layouttemplate>Tabloid ANSI B Portrait</layouttemplate>       <layouttemplate>A3 Landscape</layouttemplate>       <layouttemplate>A3 Portrait</layouttemplate>       <layouttemplate>A4 Landscape</layouttemplate>       <layouttemplate>A4 Portrait</layouttemplate>       <layouttemplate>Letter ANSI A Landscape</layouttemplate>       <layouttemplate>Letter ANSI A Portrait</layouttemplate>       <layouttemplate>MAP_ONLY</layouttemplate>    </layouttemplates>     </configuration>

I noticed that when we print, the Date label below the map is in English:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29355[/ATTACH]

It needs to be in French.

We already compile using the french locale in Flash Builder.
There doesn't seem to be any locale setting for the Print Widget.
Or the Export Web Map Task

Is this possible?

We use ArcGIS Server 10.1.0.3035

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YueWu1
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Yohan,

I think the way to change the Date Label is to change the print template under the Server template.
Firstly, you need to locate to C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\Templates\ find all the Print template mxd file, then either create a new or change one of the exist mxd with French label.

If the customized templates are not available in the Choice List, please republish a new geoprocessing service. For the detail information, please follow this tutorial link: How to publish additional services for printing http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Publishing_additional_services_for_printin...

Hope this can help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YueWu1
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Yohan,

I think the way to change the Date Label is to change the print template under the Server template.
Firstly, you need to locate to C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\Templates\ find all the Print template mxd file, then either create a new or change one of the exist mxd with French label.

If the customized templates are not available in the Choice List, please republish a new geoprocessing service. For the detail information, please follow this tutorial link: How to publish additional services for printing http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Publishing_additional_services_for_printin...

Hope this can help.
0 Kudos
YohanBienvenue
Occasional Contributor II
Hi Nathan,

I went and opened up a printing template to see what I could do. Unfortunately the Date label seems to be something called a DynamicText, and I don't see a way in the documentation to change the locale: Working with dynamic text.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29574[/ATTACH]

I'm starting to get the feeling it uses the Windows regional settings directly.

But at least what I can do for now is edit the templates so that the date uses a numeric form only. So I'll display something like 4/12/2013 instead of 4 Décembre 2013. I'll also manually change "Legend" to "Légende". It seems to be the simplest/quickest solution for this minor issue.

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
YueWu1
Esri Regular Contributor
Hello Yohan,

Glad to hear that my solution works at least to make some change.
Please feel free to post any updates if you need.

Best Regards,
0 Kudos