Printing to scale

04-05-2013 08:12 AM
KarenCarr
New Contributor III
I'm a newbie at Flex. I have created a flex 3.2 map using the Application Builder and I'm using the print widget with the Print with ArcGIS Server option. If a user enters 1200 on the scale so the map will print at 1"=100', it's not printing at that scale at all. Any ideas as to why? I work for a water utility and it's important that users can print to scale.
thanks
Karen
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor
Karen,

There should be a tick both to check to print to a particular scale, see:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-viewer/concepts/index.html#/Print_widget/01m300000036000000...

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
KarenCarr
New Contributor III
Yes, that's what I"m doing and it's still not working. I've tried variations PDf and .jpg, and landscape and map only. Nothing has worked so far.
thanks for your help,
Karen
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
Is the problem only with your application? 
Could you try at http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-viewer/live/ ?  It seems to work fine for me...
0 Kudos
KarenCarr
New Contributor III
I zoomed to 1128 on your map, drew a line 200' as close to it as I could. Printed it out with the scale of 1200. it didn't scale your map to 1"=100'. I tried it as a pdf and as a .jpg. The pdf measured almost 250', the jpg measured at around 190'. I am using an engineering triangle scale.[ATTACH=CONFIG]23309[/ATTACH]

thanks for your help,
Karen
0 Kudos
AndrewIng
New Contributor
0 Kudos
HeatherGonzago
Esri Contributor
This issue is not specific to how Flex Viewer is handling the print but rather the server-side print task itself. This is actually a known limit. The measurements are handled as planar, not geodesic. You'll notice that the further north you go (for example find a football field further north) the measurements are further off than if you measure a football field south of it.

You should also see the same behavior in ArcMap as well.
0 Kudos