Printing v3.3 -

08-05-2013 11:50 PM
DavidCaussin
New Contributor III
Hi everybody,

I have just create a map service but when i try to print it trough the flew viewer i receive only the result for bottom half of the page for this map service?

see the attachment.

Is there somebody that already had this problem?

A solution?

Thanks in advance

David
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
BrianOevermann
Occasional Contributor III
David,

Can you provide more details?  When you say "bottom half of page" are you meaning that you only see the base maps and not the operational layers printing?  Maybe you could also include a screen shot of what the current view is in your Flex viewer as a basis for comparison with the output.
0 Kudos
DavidCaussin
New Contributor III
Hi,

Here is a screenshot of the application and the pdf resulting.

Thanks for your help

David
0 Kudos
MattPohl
Occasional Contributor II
David,

As Brian posted, could you provide a bit more detail or your problem you are having. When I compare your screen shot to your generated pdf I am seeing the same thing. Am I missing something? I seems that what you are seeing on the viewer (your screen shot) is exactly the same as your print.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Matt,

The upper half of the green squares in the map screenshot are missing from the PDF.
0 Kudos
MattPohl
Occasional Contributor II
Just saw that Robert, early morning miss....
0 Kudos
BrianOevermann
David,

I am obviously misinterpreting your question/issue.  The map in the viewer appears to be captured correctly in your layout.  I think I got off track with your phrase "bottom half of the page for this map service."

Are you really having an issue with the bottom half of the LAYOUT?  Obviously, there is a large blank area between your logo and the north arrow/written scale, but I tend to look past how one decides to place various elements on their layout as it can simply be an artistic preference or an organizational requirement.  Do you have something in your layout template that is intended to go there and that is what is not printing?  That points to how your layout document might be set up for those elements.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Brian,

I guess you are not see the same thing that Matt missed. The little green triangles all over the map in the screen capture, are only in the lower 50% of the map in the PDF. So it is like the PDF export is only exporting half of the map service/layer that contains the little green triangles.

David,

This looks like an issue beyond the forums scope and you need to log a tech support incident.
0 Kudos
BrianOevermann
Good catch Robert!  You are correct that I looked right past the missing triangles in the upper half.  I will claim early morning as the reason, too.

Side note:  Is there a missing response in the thread from you?  Matt's response is a bit cryptic without the context.

@David:  I agree this is beyond the scope of forum help.  If you haven't already and have your print widget set up to do so, you could check to see if the map exports to jpg, png, etc. correctly or not.  It may help isolate the source of the issue.
0 Kudos