Search Widget error

Jump to solution
05-07-2013 11:28 AM
JulieYuan
New Contributor II
Have a map layer based on XY Events from a table.
Add a Search Widget on the layer. The first search works when the map web opened, by spatial or by attribute both work.
If I clear last search, do second Search, it has the error: [RPC Fault faultString="Invalid or missing imput parameters." faultCode="400" faultDetail=""]

Added Search Widget on other layers, like town boundary, street etc, All work fine.

What can cause the problem?

Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor
Julie,

I think you will have problems until you get rid of the OID error as the layer is not searchable without an OID.  See this post that is referring to the same issue (but for Oracle table) to see if it get's you on the right track.

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/80419-eSearch-on-XYevent-return-only-1-result.?p=284530#post284530

Basically, I have an autogenerated, unique, non-null numeric field being added to my table.  This way, Arc can use it as an OID so that it will behave as a normal layer (except for the real time updates of course).

R_

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor
I am unable to reproduce your issue.

I am using FV 3.1 for now and have tested this using the built in SearchWidget and the eSearchWidget 3.1.13.  Both are searching my event themes repeatedly and working fine

I even tried publishing on version 10 as well as 10.1 and, everything is working fine.  (You need to register your datasource in 10.1 to publish an event theme to a service).

R_

Have tested using both an Oracle table and a FGDB table, both work for me.
0 Kudos
JulieYuan
New Contributor II
I am unable to reproduce your issue.

I am using FV 3.1 for now and have tested this using the built in SearchWidget and the eSearchWidget 3.1.13.  Both are searching my event themes repeatedly and working fine

I even tried publishing on version 10 as well as 10.1 and, everything is working fine.  (You need to register your datasource in 10.1 to publish an event theme to a service).

R_

Have tested using both an Oracle table and a FGDB table, both work for me.

Hi Rhett,

Thanks for your help. I am using FV 3.1 too.
I am newbie at ARCGIS, could you please let me know how to register datasource in 10.1 to publish an event theme to a service?

Thanks,

Julie
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor
Julie,

You need to start server manager and log into the server (generally http://localhost:6080/arcgis/manager/index.html).

Then, click on the "Site" tab in upper right,
click "Data Store" tab on left,
There you will see the two options to "Register Database" and "Register Folder".

Keep in mind that this sometimes has the normal AGS "quirks".  I have had to register a few of them multiple times before it finally "stuck".  Once they stuck, have not had to re-do it for months now.

R_

Ok, just remembered a "cheat".  Make you ArcMap project in 10.1 and "Share as Service".  Go through the steps, and when it analyzes it, if the data source is not registered, it will give you an error that "Layer's data source must be registered with the server".  Right-click on that error message, and select "Register Data Source With Server", give it a name and it should work.

Also, remember the account running the AGS (not the current user) needs to have access to the data source, otherwise, you won't be able to register it.
0 Kudos
JulieYuan
New Contributor II
Hi, Rzufelt,

Database is registered, but there is a "? question mark' at the status column.

I analyzed the service,  warning: 10043: Layer's data source is an XY Event Table. I think it doesn't cause the Search widget issue.

Best regard.

Julie
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor
Julie,

You should be able to click the Validate All button, and it will convert the question mark(s) to a green checkmark for all that are successfully registered.

As far as the warning when publishing the service, just ignore it.  It will let you publish the service with warnings, just not with errors and should work fine in searchwidget.

What is the format of table you are using?  FGDB, SDE, oracle table/view, etc?  If you add it to ArcMap as an event theme, do you get a warning about the table not having an Object-ID field?

R_
0 Kudos
JulieYuan
New Contributor II
Rzufelt

Clicked the Validate All button, the question mark(s) changed to a green checkmark.

I am using the SQL Server table. Yes, I got " table not having an Object-ID field" message.

Thank you very much.

Julie
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor
Julie,

I think you will have problems until you get rid of the OID error as the layer is not searchable without an OID.  See this post that is referring to the same issue (but for Oracle table) to see if it get's you on the right track.

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/80419-eSearch-on-XYevent-return-only-1-result.?p=284530#post284530

Basically, I have an autogenerated, unique, non-null numeric field being added to my table.  This way, Arc can use it as an OID so that it will behave as a normal layer (except for the real time updates of course).

R_
0 Kudos
JulieYuan
New Contributor II
Julie,

R_

Hi rzufelt,
Thank you very much for helping me. I added the Object_ID. THe Search Issue solved.

Thanks again.

Julie.
0 Kudos