Search Widget Pop Up Hyperlink

Jump to solution
03-04-2015 01:01 PM
JonahWaterman
New Contributor III

I have configured the search widget to search for all the As-Built drawings for a substation. However I want to create a Hyperlink within the popup Search window. Can anyone help me with this I have attached two images one for the configuartion code and one of the search widget pop up where I want the hyperlink placed. Thanks again. Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jonah,

The linkfield tag is expecting a field name that has a true URL in the attributes value. If your data does not contain this type of info I suggest using my eSearch widget which is much more robust when it come to links in the results and popups.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jonah,

If you look at the documentation you will find that there is a linkfield tag that you need to add.

Search Widget Tags

0 Kudos
JonahWaterman
New Contributor III

I saw that but was unsucessful creating the hyperlink, do you know where any configurtaions are for the linkfield. Thanks

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jonah,

The linkfield tag is expecting a field name that has a true URL in the attributes value. If your data does not contain this type of info I suggest using my eSearch widget which is much more robust when it come to links in the results and popups.

JonahWaterman
New Contributor III

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jonah,

Like I said all you have to do is a field name to the linkfield tag.

<linkfield>URL</linkfield>

The requirements are that the field name URL in the example above has an attribute value in the field like

http://www.google.com or http://gis.calhouncounty.org/newsite.jpg

0 Kudos
JonahWaterman
New Contributor III

Yah but unfortunately the field is not a direct hyperlink but a unique identifier

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jonah,

Then your only option is to use the eSearch.

0 Kudos
JonahWaterman
New Contributor III

I thought you were going to say that. Thanks for your help

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jonah,

the eSearch is configurable using a GUI in App Builder and you can choose mots of which features you want enabled. I would say try it out before you pass it up as daunting.

0 Kudos