Selection Widget Updated Version

05-12-2011 05:24 AM
MarkHoyland
Occasional Contributor II
The Selection widget has a "Select by Attributes" and "Select by Location" option similar to ArcGIS.
Widget link: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=20ed6af9ab204548bbf092d51b51fef8

Version 1.5 of the widget replaces version 1.0

Enhancements and fixes include:
*Each time a query layer was added it was also being added to the TOC. This has been fixed.

*When resizing the widget, the datgrid would not resize properly. This has been fixed.

*Uses paging for selection of unique value list. This means that ALL values will be parsed regardless of the ArcGISServer setting to limit responses. There is an option to ESC out of a large query. (This is only for the Unique list, not getting features).
I have included an ESRI TaxParcel Layer that has 18,000+ records. Get Unique Values on the PSTLSTATE field to see this in action.
Available on my example site. The URL is on the Widget download page.

*Aliases can now be used. It will now use the Alias as set in the Featureclass. You can also override the Alias in the SelectionWidget.xml config file.

*ArcGis layers that have joined tables will now work with fully qualified field names. (thanks Dasa for the idea)

*Styling for selection colours has been documented in the SelectionWidget.xml config file (example provided).

*Styling for datagrid has been changed. It can now also be styled in SelectionWidget.xml config file (example provided). (thanks Mehul for the idea)

*Changed initial uniquevalue query to use "text='%'" instead of "where '1=1'" for Mike.:)

*You can now override scale range for layers.

*Link field now has a prefix/suffix option in the SelectionWidget.xml config file (naming convention the same as Robert SCheitlin's esearch widget)

*Shape_area and Shape_length can be used in the fields.

Link to previous thread :http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/24151-Selection-Widget-for-SFV2.2-(with-a-query-builder)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
146 Replies
MarkHoyland
Occasional Contributor II
This looks great. I'm definitely looking forward to trying it out.  Will it work with SFV 2.3.1?

Jay, I have not tested with 2.3.1 It was built with 2.2
0 Kudos
MikeMartin
New Contributor III
Thanks for the 1=1 workaround, Mark. Works like a charm (I'm using the 2.3.1 viewer). Just as an fyi, 1 small issue (which I could easily get around) with the get unique values is that it would not retrieve the values if the field has an alias in the rest service. Thanks again for all of your help and sharing the widget.
0 Kudos
CurtisVance
New Contributor II
Thanks Mark,

I'll try and modify the querytask to pull our data.

Curtis
0 Kudos
MattShetzer
New Contributor
Fantastic functionality added to FSV.  Thanks for sharing this great tool.

Is there anyway to have date values in the unique values box formated as dates, rather than the numbers that are actually stored?

For example :
<format dateformat="shortDate"/>
or
dateformat="MM/DD/YYYY"

Thanks,
Matt Shetzer
0 Kudos
PaulFrey
New Contributor
Mark,

For some reason, whenever I try to use my layers (with your layers commented out) in this widget, i get the following error:

"http response status: 200

Fault code: Client.CouldNotDecode

Fault info: Error #1085

Fault details: null"

When i put your sample layers back in, it seems to work, but the cursor stays in the "ticking clock" mode, as if something is always loading.

I am on ArcGIS Server 10 sp1 using the newest flex viewer, any idea what could be causing this abnormal behavior?

Thanks.

Paul
0 Kudos
glennhazelton
Occasional Contributor III
hi
i have the widget working but my cursor changes to a clock with spinning hands.
even if i close the widget the cursor remains this way.
any ideas about what is happening and how to correct it.
ps
i am using the compiled version.
thanks
glenn
glenn.hazelton@mwra.state.ma.us
0 Kudos
francescodi_vito
New Contributor
Hi Mark!
I'm using your widget in Flex viewer 2.3.1!
He works very wall, But when i do a selection and i have more results the widget don't works well! He gives a graphic results, But don't zoom on results and the functions in the table results (export,zoom,ecc) don't works! Why? Have widget a bug? I have the same problem in Flexviewer 2.1 and 2.2!
Do you have any idea?
Thanks
0 Kudos
JustinStangl
New Contributor II
Is this selection widget compatible with Flex Viewer 2.4?, I upgraded my config.xml to 2.4 and inserted the selectionwidget.xml, but it will not function, no error, just wont open.  Maybe i need Flex builder to update the .swf? Not sure if an updated version will be coming, great widget tho, very cool functionality, thanks
0 Kudos
glennhazelton
hi
will you be updating this wonderful widget to 2.4?
0 Kudos
ChristopherBlinn1
How do you manually recompile the older version to work in 2.4?  I downloaded a trial of Adobe Flash Builder, and have no problem doing it myself.  I just have no idea where to start...
0 Kudos