Some layers not displaying in Attribute Table

12-03-2013 07:45 AM
SteveNelson
Occasional Contributor II
Hi everyone, I'm using the Viewer for Flex Application Builder - everything is going well except for one odd bit.

I'm using the 'out of the box' Attribute Table along the bottom of the viewer, and for the most part it works really well, however for some reason I have 2 layers that just won't show in the attribute table.

It constantly says "No features in current map extent" for these 2 layers inside a dynamic service.  The 11 other layers are displayed just fine when they are in the map extent.

The 2 layers are definitely visible inside the map extent, and I can click on them and see the popup details/attributes.  They just refuse to show up in the attribute table widget.

Is there something I need to fix/check/repair?
Thanks for any suggestions
Steve
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
GeorgeHaskett
Occasional Contributor III
Are your layer settings correct for each layer in question?

If there is a typo in the layer name then it might not show or it might appear but not include the Alias' you had previously established with the application builder.  Make sure that they are not appearing under the excludelayer settings.

Are all your field names correct for each layer in question?

I prefer to modify my xml files vs. using the application builder, there tends to be more options with the tag references vs. the app builder.

Haskett
0 Kudos
SteveNelson
Hi George, thanks for the reply - I've checked all the possible settings within the application builder - everything is the same for layers that 'show' in attribute table widget compared to those that 'don't show'.

I've also looked at the config.xml and the attributetablewidget.xml - there's surprisingly very little to edit/change in these files since they are created by the application builder.  So no, there's nothing spelled incorrectly etc...

Still stumped as to why a couple layers just won't show in the attribute table - any other suggestions?
I've double checked the drawing scale ranges for all layers - they are all set to draw at 6000.
It's the fact that I can clearly see the layers, even select them and view popup details about them, but they just don't show in the attribute table...
Steve
0 Kudos
SteveNelson
Just an update if esri staff happen to be following or notice this post and can help.

It's actually many layers that are not being displayed in the Attribute Table widget.  I have another set of data representing Sanitary information, and another set of data representing Storm information, and each of these has many layers not being shown in the table.

Of the Storm Water Dynamic Service, 6 of 7 layers do not display in the Attribute Table - constantly says "No features in current map extent".

Of the Sanitary Water Dynamic Service, 6 of the 8 layers do not display in the Attributes Table - constantly says "No features in current map extent".

Still hoping for a fix - must be something minor, but hidden....
Steve
0 Kudos
GeorgeHaskett
Yeah, it wouldn't be your scale setting.  The message for that should be "Layer is out of scale range".

Are the services in question openly available to the public?  If so I could test them on my end.  If not I'll try to think about it some more.  It does seem like I have had a issue in the past when I was bringing in a map service w/ multiple layers verse bringing in each layer individually, I just cannot remember off the top of my head which widget was giving me the issues.

Haskett
0 Kudos
GeorgeHaskett
Steve,

Have you looked over your rest services to validate that everything looks correct attribute wise on the services themselves?

In theory if you used the application builder then it should have been fairly automatic, however it might be worth looking them over to see if something is not up to par with the attribute tables.
0 Kudos
JoshSaad1

I'm having the same issue now.  Did you ever find a fix for this?

0 Kudos
BrandonBockrath1
New Contributor II

I had the same issue, and it turned out for me that I had the shape field turned off in some of my features when I published them.

0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis

I noticed that for layers that have a large number of records, the Attribute table returns the messages that there are no features. I dont know what is the cut off. I tried for 10K and it works but for 60K nope.

0 Kudos