Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

12-01-2010 07:30 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Here is the next in my line of widgets for the FlexViewer 2.x.

The legend portion of this widget is the same code as my dynamic legend widget so,

IT IS FOR ARCGIS SERVER 10 OR GREATER ONLY

This is just a simple TOC Widget that includes my dynamic legend component.
This widget also includes my enhancement for map service transparency,
right click context menu for zoom to make layer visible, and my scale
dependent renderer for the TOC checkboxes.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
664 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Adi,

You can find an explaination to that you are seeing explained here:
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/18453-Table-of-Contents-Legend-Widget-for-FlexViewer-2.x?p=186597&v...

From there you can figure out what you need to do to change one of the labels but by design there will always be two labels.
0 Kudos
AYounas
New Contributor III
Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply, that was helpful and I tried few tweaks but no luck yet. Any suggestion in a way I can assign the child leaf (Rest end point) name to the Label and over-write it? Any further help or suggestions towards solution (quick fix) would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

A

Adi,

You can find an explaination to that you are seeing explained here:
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/18453-Table-of-Contents-Legend-Widget-for-FlexViewer-2.x?p=186597&v...

From there you can figure out what you need to do to change one of the labels but by design there will always be two labels.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Adi,

The parent branch gets the label of the layer name as you specify it in the main config.xml and the leaf gets the name of the ACTUAL layer as it is named in the MXD and hense the REST Service directory. So to change the branch name you do this in the config.xml and to change the leaf you cange the alias name of the layer in the MXD and then re-publish the map service and clear the REST cache.
0 Kudos
AYounas
New Contributor III
Robert,

I do understand that and also I got your point that it is a part of design to have two name one from config file and one from actual REST service. My question is, will it be possibe to remove atleast one of the duplicate layer names (which you called are there by design) so I was requesting is there any quick fix without changing the architecture of the widget, I can remove the Parent name OR make the name coming from REST service a parent? I hope I cleared my question this time and thanks again for your responce.

Adi
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Adi,

You can not remove one of the names. But as I have mentioned you can prevent the two labels from be identical by changing one of them as mentioned in my last post.
0 Kudos
CK1
by
New Contributor
Hi,

first of all, nice Widget!
I use the <excludelayer> option, but I�??m having problems.

mapservice:
I have a grouplayer with some other layers integrated (sublayer of the grouplayer) specified on the server. These layers were checked. The grouplayer was not checked. In addition to it the mapservice contains some other layers.

widget:
In the Widget, I�??ve exclude the grouplayer. But when I�??ve checked some other layer, in the toc of these mapservice, the sublayer of the excludelayer will be shown in the map.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
C K,

This by design. This allows users to exclude a layer from displaying in the widget but still work in the map. There is no option to change this behavior.
0 Kudos
GoncaloJesus
New Contributor
Hi Robert, in flex 2.5 is there any widget able to dynamically add other layer services besides the ones configured on config.xml? Like the TOC in Flexviewer 1.x...

Thanks
0 Kudos
CK1
by
New Contributor
Reply to #415:
Ok, I understand. But why is the sublayer visible, though the grouplayer is exclude and not checked?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Goncalo Jesus,

I have seen posts where there are some people doing this, but no one has a widget in the code gallery that does this to my knowledge.
0 Kudos