Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

12-01-2010 07:30 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Here is the next in my line of widgets for the FlexViewer 2.x.

The legend portion of this widget is the same code as my dynamic legend widget so,

IT IS FOR ARCGIS SERVER 10 OR GREATER ONLY

This is just a simple TOC Widget that includes my dynamic legend component.
This widget also includes my enhancement for map service transparency,
right click context menu for zoom to make layer visible, and my scale
dependent renderer for the TOC checkboxes.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
664 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
C K,

I will have to find time to test and see if I can reproduce this issue.
0 Kudos
AYounas
New Contributor III
Hi Robert,

I am having an issue here i.e. I cannot see the symbols on 5th level sublayers. Please see the attached image where it says water after layer 3, there should be a symbol as well, which is not there. Any help please?

Regards,

Adi

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13883[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
CK1
by
New Contributor
Hi Robert,
I test it with other mapservices and it shows, that every layer from the service (which are excluding in TOC) is shown when I checked some other layer from the service, though the �??excludelayer�?� is unchecked in the service.
Greetings C K
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
C K,

Yep I have almost got this bug fixed. I has been a difficult one.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Version 2.5.1 - 4 May, 2012
* Fixed bug with loading legend remaining when there is no operational layers or when a WMS layer is used or when a layer fails to load due to some error.
* MAJOR CHANGE when a layer of a map service or the whole mapservice is excluded using the excludelayers it is excluded from the TOC and the map. This has changed from where it use to be visible in the map even though it was excluded from the TOC. *Clarification* If you want to exclude a whole map service from the toc and the map then you just remove it from the viewers main config. Currently if you exclude a map service and do not specify any sublayers then the mapservice will remain in the map.
* Mapservices are ordered in reverse order of what you have in the main config.xml, just like esri's layerlist and map switcher.
* There is a new 'everything' attribute on the tocsettings expanded tag. This forces all layer/sublayer/legends to be opened. If you use the everything="true" attribute than the collapselegends is ignored. There are still situations where a map service will fail to expand due to some network delay occurring for that map service.
* Individual Layer of a Map Service now have a TOC menu for zooming to its extent.
0 Kudos
MLowry
by
Occasional Contributor II
Hey Robert, I'm getting an error in line 269 in toc.toc.tocClasses.TocLayerMenu when clicking "description" on an individual layer in a service.
I see in the readme, "* Individual Layer of a Map Service now have a TOC menu for zooming to its extent." But that doesn't mention adding metadata to each layer there.

I do have new esri description turned on to send the user to the REST page.

Any ideas?

private function descriptionOrDownload_clickHandler():void
            {
    if (_toc.UseESRIDesc){
                 var url:String;
                 if (_layer is OpenStreetMapLayer){
                     url = "http://www.openstreetmap.org";
                 }else if (_layer.hasOwnProperty("url")){
                     url = Object(_layer).url;
                     if (_layer is WMSLayer)
                         url += "?SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities";
                 }
                 if (url){
                     var request:URLRequest = new URLRequest(url);
                     navigateToURL(request, _layer.id);
                 }

Error line in red I believe. Working on a workaround currently.

Also, compiling with 4.5.1a

Also, Esri needs to hire Robert.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
M Lowry,

That has been fixed now. Get version 2.5.1.1
0 Kudos
MLowry
by
Occasional Contributor II
M Lowry,

That has been fixed now. Get version 2.5.1.1

Thanks Robert; you the man.
0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis
Occasional Contributor III
Giuseppe,

There is a new version available that has the exclude layer capability.

Hello Robert. I applied the excludelayer tag on the latest version of the TOC widget and I can see that the layer Schools is no longer present in the TOC. However, as you zoom in, you can see the school layer (school bus icons) is still visible. If I read the documentation correctly in this last version of the TOC, the school layer should not be visible in the map as well. Correct?

http://svctenvims.dot.ca.gov/soundwall_gis/districts/index.html?config=district_config/d3/d3_config....

Thank you.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Lefteris,

Straight from the readme.txt

* MAJOR CHANGE when a layer of a map service or the whole mapservice is excluded using the excludelayers it
  is excluded from the TOC and the map. This has changed from where it use to be visible in the map even
  though it was excluded from the TOC. *Clarification* If you want to exclude a whole map service from the
  toc and the map then you just remove it from the viewers main config. Currently if you exclude a map service
  and do not specify any sublayers then the mapservice will remain in the map.
0 Kudos