Trying to Build project in FlashDevelop.. Help! Please..

04-15-2011 08:41 AM
AlexGray
New Contributor
I just installed FlashDevelop and imported the ArcGIS viewer for flex src code as a project.

Everything looks fine.. I can see all the files I think I need to..

Tried to run the project, figured I needed to build the project first..So, I clicked "build project"..

Starts building the project....

Then I get the "Build Failed" messages below..

Z:\flexviewer-2.2-src\src\com\esri\viewer\IBaseWidget.as
(103):col: 28 Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Map.

Z:\flexviewer-2.2-src\src\com\esri\viewer\IBaseWidget.as
(104):col: 24 Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Map.

Z:\flexviewer-2.2-src\src\com\esri\viewer\IInfowindowTemplate.as
(15):col: 20 Error: Definition com.esri.ags:Map could not be found.

Z:\flexviewer-2.2-src\src\com\esri\viewer\managers\ConfigManager.as
(465):col: 71 Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: WebMapEvent.

Z:\flexviewer-2.2-src\src\com\esri\viewer\components\InfoPopup.mxml
(37):Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Map.

Z:\flexviewer-2.2-src\src\com\esri\viewer\components\InfoPopup.mxml
(42):Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Map.

Can anyone help me figure out how to fix these?
Thanks..
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
TyroneLigon
Occasional Contributor
In the "Project" window, expand the "libs" directory, right-click on the .swc file (the Flex API), and click the "Add to Library" menu item.

You will also have to change all the references to the image files as noted in another post.

I'm a couple of steps ahead of you...I can get the project to compile, but when I run it, it's missing an xml file for the Widget Container.  If I figure out that error, I'll update this post or start a new thread.
0 Kudos
RobertHeitzman
New Contributor
In the "Project" window, expand the "libs" directory, right-click on the .swc file (the Flex API), and click the "Add to Library" menu item.

You will also have to change all the references to the image files as noted in another post.

I'm a couple of steps ahead of you...I can get the project to compile, but when I run it, it's missing an xml file for the Widget Container.  If I figure out that error, I'll update this post or start a new thread.

Very helpful - did you find the problem with the misplaced config.xml?

In Flash Develop how do you do a global search/replace? I can only get it to work on one file at a time.

Thanks!

Here's the flash error:
Could not find file:///C:/DevFlash/flexviewer-2.3.1-src/bin-debug/widgets/WidgetContainer/config.xml

Fault code: Server.Error.Request

Fault info: HTTP request error

Fault details: Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032: Stream Error. URL: file:///C:/DevFlash/flexviewer-2.3.1-src/bin-debug/widgets/WidgetContainer/config.xml"]. URL: config.xml
0 Kudos
JustinRobinson
New Contributor III
One thing to keep in mind with flashdevelop, and the primary reason I went back to flash builder, is that it does not support flex modules. Each individual widget needs to be a separate project and the output directory needs to be set to equate the output of flash builder (where the api expects to find things).

This is probably why your widgetcontainer is not being found, it's not compiled and in the correct output directory.
0 Kudos
aubinmaynard
New Contributor
Did you happen to figure out this problem?   Did you have to somehow turn each widget into a project?
0 Kudos
aubinmaynard
New Contributor
One thing to keep in mind with flashdevelop, and the primary reason I went back to flash builder, is that it does not support flex modules. Each individual widget needs to be a separate project and the output directory needs to be set to equate the output of flash builder (where the api expects to find things).

This is probably why your widgetcontainer is not being found, it's not compiled and in the correct output directory.

I"m confused, when using Flashdevelop you need to turn each widget into a project file with an output where?
0 Kudos