Viewer for Flex 3.1??

11-13-2012 05:20 AM
JayHalligan
New Contributor III
Does anyone have information on what will be included in 3.1?

I am mostly wondering whether it will include:
*Custom text element in advanced print layouts
*Dynamic Legends in custom print layout
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
MLowry
by
Occasional Contributor II
But you can already do both of those things in Version 3.0?
0 Kudos
JayHalligan
New Contributor III
I dont believe they are available in the compiled version of 3.0.  I could be mistaken but I have not found a solution.
0 Kudos
MLowry
by
Both of those things you mentioned aren't really flex-related. Those things are determined by your .mxd's that are used by the Export Web Map geoprocessing task on your ArcGIS Server 10.1 instance.
0 Kudos
JayHalligan
New Contributor III
Well I can create a custom text element in my custom layout, no problem.  My problem is having the customtext input parameter in the flex widget.  Also with the legend...If there are no features in my custom layout, I dont have the option to turn on/off the dynamic legend checkbox.  Maybe Im still missing something here.
0 Kudos
MLowry
by
Oh, I see what you mean now.

How many input text parameters do you need?
In the ExportWebMapForm.mxml, you can just add as many mx form items as you need with the title, copyright, author, etc.

Regarding the legend, just have one layer in your template and leave it turned off, and then add the legend and check the dynamic checkbox.
0 Kudos
JayHalligan
New Contributor III
Perfect.  Ill give it a shot.
0 Kudos
JayHalligan
New Contributor III
Still does not seem to work.  Even with the dynamic legend (only show what on screen) checked before exportwebmap, it is not honored when exporting in the flex viewer.
0 Kudos
MLowry
by
Try adding the REST service to ArcMap to your template .mxd and checking it manually.
0 Kudos
JayHalligan
New Contributor III
Sorry again about the confusion but I am actually trying to "Only show classes that are visible in the current map extent".
0 Kudos