WFS layer on top of ESRI layer

01-18-2011 12:27 AM
TomGeo
by
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,

after quite a while I was looking into the ESRI Flex Viewer again and it looks very appealing. However, I have to work with data coming from several WFS services that I would like to see on top of the ESRI layers. Searching the Flex Samples here at ESRI I got no hit on WFS and I am wondering how to get a WFS service, e.g. provided by a GeoServer, into the FlexViewer.

The next step would be the styling of the features delivered by the WFS. How is this done?

Another concern is the projection of the data. The majority of the data I have to work with are projected in EPSG:32632 (UTM 32N) and I would like to know how it is done to reproject the data so they fit nicely on top of the ESRI layers.

I have to admit that I had no look into the API so far, but of course this will come soon.
It would be very nice if you could give me some answers for the questions above.

Thanks in advance,
Thomas
- We are living in the 21st century.
GIS moved on and nobody needs a format consisting out of at least three files! No, nobody needs shapefiles, not even for the sake of an exchange format. Folks, use GeoPackage to exchange data with other GIS!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies