ArcGIS Viewer 3.2 for Silverlight released!

12-06-2013 04:04 PM
RichZwaap
Occasional Contributor III
Version 3.2 of the ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight is now available for download.  This release includes:

• A new Query Layer tool that allows application designers to interactively define complex queries, while showing end-users a simple dialog consisting of labels, textboxes, and drop-down menus for inputting query values

• Support for URL parameters to allow users to specify initialization parameters such as extent, scale, web map, and place search by including them in the query string of a Viewer application�??s URL

• Pop-Up enhancements to provide improved appearance, performance, and the ability to open pop-ups by tapping features on the map

• Support for using secure services that are federated with ArcGIS for Portal as well as connecting to ArcGIS for Portal instances that implement public-key infrastructure (PKI) or Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA) security

• Developer enhancements to allow programmatic manipulation of window position and deferral of Viewer initialization

• Integration with Visual Studio 2013

• Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2012 R2 support

For more information about the release, check out the what's new help topic.  To download, go to the ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight Resource Center.

If you have questions or feedback, please feel free to post here on the forum.

-The ArcGIS Silverlight Development Team
0 Kudos
12 Replies
OlegLukyanov
New Contributor III
I have error "no elrment found" when start Builder with new 3.2 version 64 bit Russian, Windows 7.

I can't start Builder after re-install Viewer also.

Help me please.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
SergioRodriguez1
New Contributor III
Hello,

I have errors running this viewer with Google Chrome Versión 31.0.1650.63 m, the toolbat donpt appear, and a lot of errors appear both in the Application Builder, and in the Viewer.  Only with IE work well.

Thanks[ATTACH=CONFIG]29730[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
SergioRodriguez1
New Contributor III
Hello,

I have errors running this viewer with Google Chrome Versión 31.0.1650.63 m, the toolbat donpt appear, and a lot of errors appear both in the Application Builder, and in the Viewer.  Only with IE work well.

Testing more the error, it ocurr adding layers from ArcGIS Online REST, only with chrome
0 Kudos
DanCarpiaux
New Contributor II
I'm finding the same issue with chrome. Naviagation toolbar and buttons do not appear. Works good in IE as long as compatiability view is on.
0 Kudos
OlegLukyanov
New Contributor III
I have error "no elrment found" when start Builder with new 3.2 version 64 bit Russian, Windows 7.

I can't start Builder after re-install Viewer also.

Help me please.

Thanks.

I found my mistake. I install Viewer after Windows 7 patches update and before  restart. So IIS was stopped. After restart W7 I could install Viewer 3.2 correctly.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
TimDonoyou
Occasional Contributor
Hi All and Sergio in particular,

We are having the same issue with Application Builder on IE10 - see attachment.

It works fine when opened on the server machine where it is installed but the errors occur when opening from other machines on our network.

Did anyone find a solution to this?

Thanks in advance

Tim
0 Kudos
DougRulison
New Contributor III
I am experiencing the same error message as srodriguez, but I'm using IE 10 and get this error.  I recieved this as soon as I click in the map view and try and zoom/pan.  I have'nt tried chrome yet.  Maybe this is a problem with all browsers.

Doug

Hello,

Doug Rulison
0 Kudos
TimDonoyou
Occasional Contributor
Hi Doug / all,

I could not find a solution to this so rolled back to v3.1 which still works fine.

I wasn't sure if it was an issue caused by ArcGIS 10.2.1 but can confirm it isn't for us.

Would be grateful to hear any successful solutions.

Cheers

Tim
0 Kudos
DougRulison
New Contributor III
Tim,
what do you mean when you say "rolled back"?  I can reinstall 3.1 but will my services still work?  How will the web apps respond?  Can you provide the steps you went through please?

thanks,

Doug
Doug Rulison
0 Kudos