Can't access secure services in Builder/Viewer

02-11-2013 01:56 PM
RebeccaVanKampen
New Contributor
I'm trying to add a secure service to a web map in Builder.

-When I browse to the ArcGIS service (http://<server url>/ags/rest/services/<service name>/MapServer) it prompts me for my user name and password.
-I use the correct user name/pass to access the service and it looks like it's accepting it but then gets hung up on that screen with no error messages.
-I'm not using a proxy page

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this, and if they figured out a work around.

I can access the exact service through the same url (same user/pass) in a web browser though.

Thanks
Becca
0 Kudos
9 Replies
DominicRoberge
New Contributor III
I have the same problem here. I contacted ESRI Support and they are still investigating. If they found the problem/solution, I will post it.

Thanks!
D
0 Kudos
RebeccaVanKampen
New Contributor
Any luck with ESRI support? I still haven't figured out the work around.

Thanks
Becca
0 Kudos
ChrisTallman
New Contributor III
Does anyone know any more about this issue?  Has ESRI addressed this at all??  Trying to sign in to arcgis server for secure services doesn't work at all.  Enter username and password the dialog box flashes and does nothing, it doesn't matter if you put incorrect login information or correct information in.

Chris
0 Kudos
NicholasGross
Occasional Contributor II
I'm having this exact issue all of a sudden. When prompted for user/pass, I enter the correct information, the progress bar comes up momentarily, then disappears and I'm back at the sign-in prompt with no errors, but I'm not signed in...

I can direct my browser to the exact same link and sign in with no problems, so I know it's not my information that's wrong. Also, I am not using a proxy page. I was using this sign-in function previously with other services (which no longer exist) without any issues.
0 Kudos
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III
Are you adding your domain to your username when you log in?
  <domain>\username

I log in this way with no problems.
0 Kudos
NicholasGross
Occasional Contributor II
Are you adding your domain to your username when you log in?
  <domain>\username

I log in this way with no problems.

I've tried it with and without the domain, doesn't work either way, unfortunately.
0 Kudos
MiriEshel
New Contributor III
Hi,

I have the same problem, cannot sign in to ArcGIS Server in order to display secured services from ArcGIS Server 10.1.
Any help?

Thanks,
Miri
0 Kudos
MiriEshel
New Contributor III
Hi all,

I try to access services that are secured by the server, i.e. I access them through https://mirie-vm2008.stltd.co.il:6443/arcgis/rest.
I have no problem to access them through the browser but I get the error: Required parameter is null or empty. Parameter name: url.
Is it possible to do it that way or I have to lock the services?

Thanks,
Miri
0 Kudos
MitchellWiniecki
New Contributor II
I'm using a proxy page and the damn viewer still prompts me for credentials.  Then if you click cancel the entire app crashes.  I have steamy piles that have more functionality than the SL viewer.
0 Kudos