Custom base map minimum scale fails to load in version 3.2

04-03-2014 12:12 PM
FrancoisPelletier
New Contributor
Hi,

We are having an issue since we upgraded to version 3.2 of the viewer and API. We use our own base map (ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer) for a number of applications. Since 3.2, we've been having issue with the 1st zoom level (the one corresponding to the service's minimum scale) : Sometimes it loads, sometimes (most of the times) it doesn't...

Upon further investigation, we discovered that it fails to load when the map scale is higher than the tiled map service minimum scale. Ex. Our service minimun scale is set to 125000. When our application loads, the scale displayed in the "MapApplication.Current.Map.Scale" property is set to 125000.00000000001 and so tiles are not loaded and we have no base map... When zooming in and out, tiles sometimes actually appears but it's only when the map scale property is lower than 125000 (124999.99999999994).

The weird thing is that the scale values were the same in version 3.1 but somehow the tiles were always requested and displayed nonetheless.

So to sum up...
- Tiles are not requested in minimum zoom level since 3.2
- Tiles are loaded perfectly on any other zoom level
- Setting SnapToLevels to true didn't change anything
- No error displayed with fiddler, tiles are simply not requested to the server

I couldn't find anything related to this problem on this forum or any other so please, please help me !

Thanks
0 Kudos
6 Replies
dmacq
by
New Contributor III
We're having a similar issue, only with the ESRI World Street Map.

Prior to v3.2, the tiles load fine when zooming in beyond 1:1128.  This includes No Data tiles, for which we've implemented the code in the NoDataTile sample.  Now, in 3.2, the base map just disappears when zooming in beyond 1:1128.  No tiles are loaded, so the users just get a white screen when they go beyond the extents of our overlayed cached map.

Can anybody offer up a solution?  We've implemented some of the new for 3.2 features, so going back isn't really a good option.
0 Kudos
SebastienPelletier
Occasional Contributor

I experience the same problem (for me, it's with the scale 1/250000) I discovered that when I connect my application (API 3.2) with ArcGIS Server 10 everything is fine but with ArcGIS Server 10.2.1 I have the bug.

Have you found a solution  ?

0 Kudos
deleted-user-Jie3eyjOl9XM
Occasional Contributor

Same problem here, when I upgraded to the 3.2 version. I try to zoom to a small extent, and the map zooms to an scale which is few decimal places smaller then the minimum scale. So, nothing is displayed. In the 3.1 version of the API, the map zoomed to the minimum scale.

This happened a few months ago when I tried to upgrade, too. So, I rolled back. But, now I really need to upgrade, and we really need a fix for this.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-Jie3eyjOl9XM
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
SebastienPelletier
Occasional Contributor

The best workaround is to use ArcGIS Server Manager and delete the values ​​Min and Max scale of your service.

You can not do this with ArcCatalog but with the manager yes.

Thereafter API responds correctly

0 Kudos
RAJENDRABISWAL
New Contributor

Just try to add "MinimumResolution" to 0.01 which used to work for me ..

<esri:ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer ID="baseMap"  Url="https://services.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Street_Map/MapServer " MinimumResolution="0.01" />

Thanks...

0 Kudos