Custom locator problem in ArcGIS for Silverlight 3.

11-01-2012 08:00 AM
KevinParent
New Contributor II
Hi

I am attempting to use the new functionality that lets you use any locator service.  I have configured my app to use our own custom locator service and it mostly works, however I do have a problem.

Once I've entered the address it puts the point on the screen at the correct location and says that there are 43 results, but it never updates the list to show the results.  The search result window just keeps saying 'Searching... Cancel'.  I have to actually click the cancel link to get it to show the results.  I also have to click the cancel button before I can enter a new search.  Has anybody encountered this problem and found a solution?

thanks

Kevin
0 Kudos
9 Replies
TomMagdaleno
Occasional Contributor III
Kevin,
  I haven't had that problem but I came here to see if anyone else was having a problem with custom locators.  I get an error that it cannot connect to my locator even though I can plug it into a web browser and it comes up with the service.
0 Kudos
KatherineDalton
Esri Regular Contributor
Kevin & Tom,

Would either of you be able to post your custom locator so I could take a quick look? You can send it to me via a private message on the forums if you like.

Katy
Katy Dalton | Technical Consultant
THE SCIENCE OF WHERE™
0 Kudos
IanPeebles
I am having the same problem.  When I use a custom locator, then type in the address and hit search. . it locates the address, but Searching..... and Cancel remains in the window.  When you hit cancel, the results will show.  See the screenshot.
0 Kudos
KatherineDalton
Esri Regular Contributor
All,

We've identified a bug with custom locators and are working on a fix for this. We hope to have it out to you shortly.

Thanks,
Katy
THE SCIENCE OF WHERE™
0 Kudos
TomMagdaleno
Thank you, I'm looking forward to the fix.
0 Kudos
IanPeebles
Katy,

Thanks for letting us know.  When you say shortly, does that means days or weeks?  I really hope this is resolved soon.

In the meantime, I did set up a python script that has input parameters and can locate addresses.  The results are added to the table of contents.  The only problem is, that searching is a bit slow.
0 Kudos
MarcGraham
Occasional Contributor
I have the same problem with one of my locators that locates addresses along street centre lines, but the problem does not happen  when searching a POI database.
0 Kudos
KatherineDalton
Esri Regular Contributor
Apologies for not updating this thread with a response; the updated Search Tool has been uploaded to ArcGIS Online. Please download and upload it to your Application Builder (this will overwrite the existing Search Tool).

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=a236f090e28e4254b96a8a138cf3c46a

Let me know if you still have issues.

Katy
THE SCIENCE OF WHERE™
0 Kudos
MitchellWiniecki
New Contributor II
I customized the Search tool to run off my custom locator service.  However when using the search function in Silverlight viewer I am still having the above issue. "Searching...Cancel"

In addition, I accidentally pressed the "Add" button to add a Push-Pin to the address I searched and cannot figure out how to delete it, now the push-pin shows up in all my public webapps.

Am using the most recent update of Silverlight viewer.
0 Kudos