Labels don't show up

Jump to solution
04-16-2014 11:54 AM
AlexRodriguez
New Contributor III
I'm publishing a map loaded with a dozen vector datasets.  Some of those layers have labels turned on in the MXD.
I publish the services, create a map using the Viewer for Silverlight v3.2

I view the map in the browser - the layers show up but none of my labels show up.

What gives?

p.s.  Just for full disclosure:  I am running ArcGIS Server For Workgroups v10.1 (Standard License)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brettangel
Occasional Contributor II
Bangel,  Are you talking about while publishing the service?  At what level (in what folder) am I publishing the service?

I have one sub-folder in the root level.  My services are published to that sub-folder.  Is that the problem??

I explained it incorrectly.  I am referring to how you add the service to your viewer.  You add the service at the group level (not positive of the technical name).  See attachment.

When you look at the url of the service you've added to the map does it end in a ...mapserver or mapserver/0?  It should end in ...mapserver for the labels to show up.

http://blahblah/arcgis/rest/services//Topo/contours/MapServer

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
brettangel
What level are you defining the services?  They have to be the mapserver level, i.e. ...topo/maperserver, for the labels to show.  From the browse menu add at the root folder level.
0 Kudos
AlexRodriguez
New Contributor III
Bangel,  Are you talking about while publishing the service?  At what level (in what folder) am I publishing the service?

I have one sub-folder in the root level.  My services are published to that sub-folder.  Is that the problem??
0 Kudos
brettangel

I explained it incorrectly.  I am referring to how you add the service to your viewer.  You add the service at the group level (not positive of the technical name).  See attachment.

When you look at the url of the service you've added to the map does it end in a ...mapserver or mapserver/0?  It should end in ...mapserver for the labels to show up.

0 Kudos
AlexRodriguez
New Contributor III
Now I see what you're saying.  I'll give that a look-see.
Thanks!
0 Kudos
AlexRodriguez
New Contributor III

That was it.  Thanks a bunch bangel!
0 Kudos