Map gets stuck panning when clicking in the middle of a pan

08-05-2014 10:57 PM
AllisterFarn
New Contributor

I am working on a Silverlight application. I find that when I am working on an oldish PC, if I carry out a pan operation (i.e. click the mouse, drag and release), if I carry out another pan operation before the first completes the map seems to get stuck in pan mode - i.e. where ever I move the mouse, the map follows. I then can't get out of this mode, and the app is then impossible to use.

I have found this thread:

Sticky Map Bug?

raised in 2009, and this thread:

Map Click event not fired

raised in 2010, neither of which have a solution or workaround described. The second thread does link to an Esri bug report but I'm unable to find any more information on it.

Is there any way to prevent this problem from happening?

Not having much luck getting advice on how to stop this from happening, so I'm wondering if anyone can provide some advice on how to stop the user from being able to pan a second time, before the first pan operation is complete? i.e. the user should be able to click and drag, but once they release the mouse button mouse input should be ignored until the new extent has been fully redrawn?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AllisterFarn
New Contributor

I've been advised that this problem was fixed in v2 of the API quite some time ago. However I've ensured that I'm referencing the latest API everywhere, and I am. v3.2, and dll properties show 10.2.1.431.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Anyone?

0 Kudos
AllisterFarn
New Contributor

ESRI have confirmed that they've been able to reproduce this with the latest version of the API. Will wait to hear back from official support channel.

0 Kudos
DanMcCoy
Occasional Contributor III

Allister Farn wrote:

ESRI have confirmed that they've been able to reproduce this with the latest version of the API. Will wait to hear back from official support channel.

Allister,

Did ESRI provide you with a BUG#?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos