Missing Features

06-24-2012 07:53 PM
KevinDunlop
Occasional Contributor III
Hi all,

I am creating a silverlight viewer web map and I noticed a few of my features are not displaying in the web map.  The missing features display in both ArcMap and in the service's javascript web map just fine but not the silverlight one.  It is not 1 feature class but a couple and not all features from the feature class are missing (only a select few).  I haven't been able to determine what these have in common.  The data layers come from a dynamic map service in ArcGIS 10.1.  They features are stored in SDE and are linked via a data store connection in the Server.  I have tried recreating the silverlight map several times and get the same result each time.  I don't even know where to start so any help would we great.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AngelGonzalez
Occasional Contributor II
I had something similar. Take a look at this thread.

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/56125-Not-all-features-are-drawing-in-Viewer
0 Kudos
KevinDunlop
Thanks Angel.  If I read the posts right, your bug was based on null values used in symbology.  However, while one of the layers with missing features has attribute based symbology, the others use a standard fix symbology for all features yet they all experience the problem.

I have attached screenshots showing problem in 1 very noticeable area.  They layer with missing features in the attached SS has only 73 features in it and use a standard grey color for all features.
0 Kudos
KevinDunlop
I think I have figured the problem out.  It is related to a bug we have encounter with our desktop:

#NIM082229  Error 'ORA-00904: invalid identifier' on displaying an sde versioned layer after joining to an sde table in Oracle using desktop 10.1.

Basically joins in 10.1 do not work with versioned data in Oracle 11g.  As soon as I removed the joins in my web service, the silverlight viewer works just fine.  Interesting that some layers with a join appear just fine in the SLV while others do not.  I can't seem to find the pattern on what will work and what doesn't.
0 Kudos
TobiasFimpel
Occasional Contributor
I am encountering the same issue, also running ArcGIS 10.1 and Oracle 11g, when trying to join a feature class and a table in ArcMap:

If both the feature class and the table are NOT registered as versioned, then the join does works without error.
If either the feature class, or the table, or both of them are registered as versioned, then the join will fail.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? There is surprisingly little documentation of this bug on the web - is anyone else experiencing the same issue?
0 Kudos
TobiasFimpel
Occasional Contributor
Update:
Here is the esri link to this bug for anyone who is interested: http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDg2Njgz

Possible Workaround in ArcMap 10.1: When a definition query is applied to the table or the layer, then no oracle error results even if either the table or the feature class or both are registered as versioned.

I am going to move forward by using this workaround (e.g. use definition query "OBJECTID > 0"). Please let me know if this seems unreasonable to you. (I personally mistrust this workaround. But then again, what other options are there?)
0 Kudos