Silverlight Viewer Builder install problems

01-20-2012 11:16 AM
AronBird
New Contributor III
I had previously installed the beta version of the Silverlight Viewer Builder and am now trying to install the production version but without success.  The beta version was supposedly successfully uninstalled but when trying to install the production version there is an error that says something to the effect of "There is a previous version of ArcGIS Silverlight installed, remove and then try again".  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Aron
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Aron,

Please review the contents of this thread, it has some troubleshooting tips:

Unhandled Error Map has not been initialized yet

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
AronBird
New Contributor III
Thanks for the response but unfortunately that didn't work.  The Builder and Apps folders were removed from the inetpub\wwwroot folder and everything from the inetpub\temp folder was removed (except for the appPools folder).  There are also no references to the folders as virtual drives or applications in IIS.  A little more information for you is that the OS is 64-Bit Server 2008 and we are running ArcGIS Server for the Java Platform.  Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Aron
0 Kudos
WilburHughes
Esri Contributor
Will you check if the registry key below exist?  If it does remove it.

Registry Hive:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\ArcGIS Silverlight Viewer
0 Kudos
AronBird
New Contributor III
Great, that did it!  Thanks for your help.

Aron
0 Kudos
AaronTurecek
New Contributor
I'm having the same problem as the original poster, but none of the suggestions have hit the spot yet.  Any other ideas?  I'm trying to install on Windows 7.

Thanks,

Aaron
0 Kudos
AaronTurecek
New Contributor
Up and running now.  Missed the Apps folder in wwwroot.

Thanks,

Aaron
0 Kudos