SL Error From Source of MeasureTool

04-02-2014 10:01 AM
AdamDunlap
New Contributor III
Hi all,

I just downloaded the available source code for the MeasureTool in an effort to change a few settings (give the decimal degrees more places past the decimal point for the point tool)...and when I try to compile (Using VS 2010 with the prerequisites, I get the following:
Exception was thrown on "Setter": Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))

Any ideas? Adam

Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))
   at MS.Internal.XcpImports.MethodEx(IntPtr ptr, String name, CValue[] cvData)
   at MS.Internal.XcpImports.MethodPack(IntPtr objectPtr, String methodName, Object[] rawData)
   at MS.Internal.XcpImports.Collection_Add(PresentationFrameworkCollection`1 collection, Object value)
   at System.Windows.PresentationFrameworkCollection`1.AddImpl(Object value)
   at System.Windows.PresentationFrameworkCollection`1.System.Collections.IList.Add(Object value)
   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignModel.InstanceBuilders.ClrObjectInstanceBuilder.InstantiateChildren(IInstanceBuilderContext context, ViewNode viewNode, DocumentCompositeNode compositeNode, Boolean isNewInstance)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdamDunlap
New Contributor III
I did notice some broken StaticResources that either were misplaced or linked incorrectly.  Regardless, I substituted the old StaticResources with valid color values..yet when the compile took place and the map rendered..the tool would never initialize.

Any Ideas?
0 Kudos
AdamDunlap
New Contributor III
I finally got the error to go away by editing a registry setting in my VS2010 tools..jezz, what a nightmare, MSFT!
Time to upgrade to 2013.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5555806/constantly-getting-loading-toolbox-content-from-package-i...

http://michaelcrump.net/fixing-a-broken-toolbox-in-visual-studio-2010-sp1

I have compiled the MeasureTool.xap for those who just want to see 6 places past the decimal point for the Lat/Long.  Just change the .zip to .xap

adam
0 Kudos