Where is ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Extensibility ?

01-18-2012 08:18 AM
DouglasGennetten
New Contributor III
I've just installed the ArcGIS API version 2.4 and downloaded the "TimeSlider" sample from the Silverlight Viewer Samples.

I get a reference error for ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Extensibility.  All other ArcGIS references resolve. 

Any clues?

Thanks,

Douglas
0 Kudos
14 Replies
KatherineDalton
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Douglas,

ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Extensibility is part of our ArcGIS Extensibility SDK for Silverlight. We are in the process of posting the download for the SDK shortly.

Thanks,
Katy
Katy Dalton | Technical Consultant
THE SCIENCE OF WHERE™
0 Kudos
MichaelLacy
New Contributor III
You need the Extensibility SDK, but the final version of that has not been released yet.  See this post.

Mike
0 Kudos
AndreaHemphill
New Contributor
Hi Douglas,

ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Extensibility is part of our ArcGIS Extensibility SDK for Silverlight. We are in the process of posting the download for the SDK shortly.

Thanks,
Katy

Has it been posted?
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
All,

FYI, the ArcGIS Extensibility SDK for Silverlight is now available.

Thanks for your patience,
0 Kudos
JianChen
New Contributor III
All,

FYI, the ArcGIS Extensibility SDK for Silverlight is now available.

Thanks for your patience,

What platform this SDK supports? I got an error of "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running." when I tried to install it. My system is Windows 7 Professional. Thanks.
0 Kudos
JianChen
New Contributor III
BTW, what's the difference between ArcGIS Extensibility SDK for Silverlight and ArcGIS API for Silverlight? I already installed the later on my machine.
0 Kudos
KatherineDalton
Esri Regular Contributor
Jian,

Which version of the ArcGIS Extensibility SDK for Silverlight did you try to install? There is a version for 64-bit and 32-bit operating systems.

As for your second question, the ArcGIS API for Silverlight is the API upon which the ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight is built. The ArcGIS Extensibility SDK for Silverlight is specific to the ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight and ArcGIS for SharePoint and provides an API specifically for writing add-ins that allows you to access the map and selected layer, show user interfaces (UI) in dialog boxes, and store and load configuration data. The ArcGIS Extensibility SDK for Silverlight (and ArcGIS API for Silverlight) are required for developing add-ins.

See Extending" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapps/silverlightviewer/help/i... the ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight for more info.

Hope that helps,
Katy
THE SCIENCE OF WHERE™
0 Kudos
JianChen
New Contributor III
Jian,

Which version of the ArcGIS Extensibility SDK for Silverlight did you try to install? There is a version for 64-bit and 32-bit operating systems.

As for your second question, the ArcGIS API for Silverlight is the API upon which the ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight is built. The ArcGIS Extensibility SDK for Silverlight is specific to the ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight and ArcGIS for SharePoint and provides an API specifically for writing add-ins that allows you to access the map and selected layer, show user interfaces (UI) in dialog boxes, and store and load configuration data. The ArcGIS Extensibility SDK for Silverlight (and ArcGIS API for Silverlight) are required for developing add-ins.

See Extending the ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight for more info.

Hope that helps,
Katy

Thanks Katy!

I try to install a 64-bit version of ArcGIS Extensibility SDk for Silverlight. But the problem is that I couldn't find a 64-bit one. The download link has 32-bit and 64-bit versions of ArcGIS viewer for Silverlight but only one file for Extensibility SDK there and without information of compatibility. Finally I figured out it is a 32-bit version for Windows XP SP2.

So could you please give me a link I can download the 64-bit version of ArcGIS Extensibility SDK for Silverlight? Thanks!
0 Kudos
KatherineDalton
Esri Regular Contributor
Sorry Jian,

I misspoke about the versions of the SDK install. We only have 32-bit and 64-bit versions for the Application, not the SDK. I'll look in to your issue a bit more and we'll get back to you.

Katy
THE SCIENCE OF WHERE™
0 Kudos