Custom Widget and ArcGIS Pro add-ins

01-13-2023 09:23 AM
Labels (1)
Adam_Coburn_NCC
New Contributor III

Hello esri Community,

I have a question surrounding a custom widget I have created and the conversion of this to an ArcGIS Pro add-in.

Initially a custom widget was created using ArcGIS Developer to address a specific need in an AGOL Web App created using Web AppBuilder. Following the creation of this widget my organisation would like to create an ArcGIS Pro add-in that does the same job.

My understanding is that add-ins are created using ArcGIS Pro SDK for the Microsoft .NET framework using C# whereas the custom widget was developed using JavaScript.

Even though there is a difference in language, does a 'bridge' exist between the two where a custom widget can be used to create a Pro add-in and back the other way?

From an organisational view point it would be good to have the Pro environment mirrored in terms of bespoke organisational custom functionality to that in AGOL as closely as possible. This is largely driven by the fact that our users are spread across the two offerings i.e some will mainly use Pro whereas others maybe more involved in AGOL as well as Pro. Should no such 'bridge' exist it will result in a doubling of the workload each time something is developed.

This post seems to cross a number of different areas and I wasn't sure which was the best community to host it in so apologies if this is the wrong area!

Thanks,

Adam  

0 Replies