Query Widget functionality should exist on the client (not the admin) side

Jump to solution
03-03-2015 04:47 PM
StephenLead
Regular Contributor III

I'm trying to configure the Query widget such that the user is able to find objects on the map.

The widget allows you to set a Filter Expression - but it requires you to hard-code the expression into the widget. In this case I want the users to be able to find by Claim Number, but the widget requires me to hard-code this:

query.JPG

A suggestion is that the warning prompt for the blank value should appear when the client tries to run an empty query, not when the admin tries to configure an empty query.

Ideally, this entire section of the panel should be accessible on the client side, so they can choose which fields to search on, whether to choose "is greater than" or "is less than", etc.

In many cases, the admin doesn't know what the client will need to search for at run-time so it's hard to pre-configure using the current setup.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SimonFisher
Occasional Contributor II

I believe the forcing of a value is a bug.  This was reported in beta and was supposed to be fixed in release, but was not, hopefully in the next release.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SimonFisher
Occasional Contributor II

I believe the forcing of a value is a bug.  This was reported in beta and was supposed to be fixed in release, but was not, hopefully in the next release.

0 Kudos