WAB 1.2 developer edition Launchpad Theme doesn't clear widget results

08-25-2015 12:52 PM
MariaNieves
New Contributor III

I am having issues with the Launchpad Theme on WAB dev edition 1.2. Widget results do not clear after closing widget. Anyone having same issue?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
MariaNieves
New Contributor III

I have a few widgets so some of them go on a different panel. I just tested and the widget works as expected if the Google Street View Widget is on the main controller. It doesn't when it is part of the other panels. google_street_view_pegman2.png

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Maria,

Oh, now I see the issue. I will work on a fix for this.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

As far as the LaunchPad theme here is a workaround that can be applied to each widget that has some dependence on the onClose event. I will be adding this workaround to each of my widgets in their next releases.

I add the dojo/aspect require and then in the postCreate function I add the code below.

/*Workaround for the LanunchPad theme not firing onClose and onOpen for the widget*/
        if(this.appConfig.theme.name === "LaunchpadTheme"){
          var tPanel = this.getPanel();
          if(tPanel){
            aspect.after(tPanel, "onClose", lang.hitch(this, this.onClose));
            aspect.after(tPanel, "onOpen", lang.hitch(this, this.onOpen));
          }
        }
        /*end work around for LaunchPad*/

I have tested this using my eSearch, Identify, StreetView and they all work well with this workaround using the LaunchPad theme.

MariaNieves
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert!

0 Kudos
JunshanLiu
Occasional Contributor III
0 Kudos
DanielSieger
Esri Contributor

I have found that this behavior only occurs when the widget is added to the Anchor Bar Controller. Adding a widget to the number widgets section does not have this behavior.

This only happens in the ArcGIS Web AppBuilder 1.2 Developer Edition. It does not happen in ArcGIS Online's built-in Web AppBuilder.

0 Kudos