WAB extra data source

Jump to solution
11-01-2017 11:07 AM
JamesJudge
New Contributor II

I'm using WAB developer addition 2.5 configured attribute to add extra data source and added 3 locally hosted map services. After validating the URL's and saving the configuration I cannot find how to add the map services in the application. Please advise if I can use  a map service and how to add it to the map?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

James,

The Extra Data Sources portion of WAB has limited use so far in WAB. When you add a extra data source it does not appear in the map and will not appear in MOST widgets that use layers. The only widget it WILL appear in is the InfoGraphic widget as that widget has a extra data source tab.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Are you using the Local Layer widget?  https://community.esri.com/message/448393-locallayerwidget-and-accessifizrwidget?sr=search&searchId=...

I have a blog that has some tips for using, but read the readme file too

/blogs/myAlaskaGIS/2015/02/04/tips-for-using-the-custom-locallayer-widget-with-wab-dev-edition?sr=se...

I'm in the process up updating the blog since I am starting fresh with 2.5 again, so checking the process.  I'm also working on a python script/tool to make starting fresh a little easier, since I am setting up and testing on multiple machines. Although it may not help you right now, I will probably post to that blog when I have something that works for me. (may need tweaks for others).

0 Kudos
JamesJudge
New Contributor II

No this extra layer configuration is under the attribute tab in WAB.

I think that issue maybe the layer needs be be a feature service

Thank You

James Judge

GIS Coordinator

City of West Palm Beach

Information Technology Department

401 Clematis Street • West Palm Beach • Florida 33401

P: 561.822.1226 | www.gis.wpb.org

Please Note: Florida has a very broad public records law. Most written

communications to or from state officials regarding state business are

public records available to the public and media upon request. Your

e-mail communications may be subject to public disclosure.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

James,

The Extra Data Sources portion of WAB has limited use so far in WAB. When you add a extra data source it does not appear in the map and will not appear in MOST widgets that use layers. The only widget it WILL appear in is the InfoGraphic widget as that widget has a extra data source tab.