WebApp Builder Widgets Not Working

Jump to solution
07-23-2014 03:15 PM
mpboyle
Occasional Contributor III

I have built a webapp using the beta 2.0 release and when I download the app and place it on our web server, none of the widgets (basemap, query, draw, measure, legend, layer list) seem to load or work.  The only widget that does seem to work is the print widget.  Any ideas...?

Tags (1)
28 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Wang,

What is "FQDN"? and where do you add it?

0 Kudos
mpboyle

wang zhifang‌ - I agree with Robert, what is the FQDN and where would you add it?  Why is there no mention of it in the WebApp Builder documentation?  It would be helpful if Esri would provide some sort of mention of deployment scenarios... ie, if app was built on machine A and deployed on machine B, do this... if app was built on machine A and deployed on machine A, do this...

All I know is it seemed to work pretty seamlessly with Beta1 and with Beta2 it doesn't.

ZhifangWang1
New Contributor III

Robert Scheitlin

I'm agreed with you to have a FAQ about such as "if app was built on machine A and deployed on machine B, do this... if app was built on machine A and deployed on machine A, do this..." things, and I believe the develop team will add this soon.

1. FQDN=fully qualified domain name.
  2. You need to go to "my content" in your portal on which account you logged into in Web AppBuilder, and you'll find a item named "Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS", then edit it, update the App Info, add your machine's FQDN on which you want to deploy the app to the redirect uri's list. Then you'll see the app depolyed on the other machine works.
  3. All this is due to OAuth2, please read and fully understand the info on "http://xxxxxxxxxx:3344/webappbuilder/?action=signin".
mpboyle

I open the developer tools within Chrome on a deployed app and below are the error messages I'm getting whenever I try to open a widget.

A couple of things...

1) It seems the calls for the widgets are going to the builder, not the deployed app, is that right (webappbuilder/apps/12 = builder app, not deployed url)?

2) My install of WebApp Builder does not sit inside the wwwroot folder on our web server, does it need to?

Any ideas on what's going on or how to fix would be appreciated.

WidgetError.JPG

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

When you say deployed app, do you mean that you clicked download and then you unzipped that download content and placed it on your web server (what web server are you using)?

0 Kudos
mpboyle

Robert,

That's correct.  Downloaded the app from the builder, unzipped the contents, placed it on our web server (IIS 7) and when I try to load any of the widgets on the downloaded app these are the errors I'm getting in Chrome dev tools.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Strange. I do remember having a similar issue back in Beta1 But I can not remember how I got past it.

0 Kudos
mpboyle

I didn't have an issue like this with Beta1 but with Beta1 I had the WebApp Builder install within our wwwroot folder on our web server.  With Beta2 I placed is at the root of the C: drive.  I'm wondering if I were to place the Beta2 WebApp Builder within our wwwroot folder, the errors would go away...however, it seems that the calls to the widgets would still be going to the builder file and not the downloaded app.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I have both Beta 1 and 2 in a folder on the root of my C drive. Do the widgets work inside of the WAB but just not once deployed?

0 Kudos
mpboyle

Yep...that's right.  All widgets work fine when inside WAB, but when deployed, only the print widget works...all others give errors.

0 Kudos