adminAdvanced privilege was removed from administrator by mistake

07-13-2023 12:20 AM
Ranga_Tolapi
Occasional Contributor III

adminAdvanced privilege was removed from administrator account by mistake. How to get back the adminAdvanced privilege for administrator?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

Hi @Ranga_Tolapi 

Does any other user have admin privileges? You could login as that user and then assign them back to the administrator user. But I'm guessing that may not be the case if you're asking the question here.

If not, you'll want to contact Esri tech support and they can give you the workflow to add it back in. It's fairly straightforward and they should be able to get you back up and running quickly!

Jonathan

0 Kudos
SMH-Rio
New Contributor III

I recently came across this problem (and felt slightly desperate 😅), but I managed to solve it as follows:

1 - I accessed the 'privileges' page of the Workflow documentation (https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/workflow/latest/administer/users-groups-roles-and-privileges.htm#ES...)

2 - I copied all the values from the 'Privilege' column to an Excel spreadsheet:

a) I surrounded each of them with double quotes ( "" );
b) I concatenated them all into a single cell, separating them with a comma ( , )
c) I enclosed the final result in square brackets ( [] ).

The result is this:

["adminAdvanced","adminBasic","jobAssignAny","jobAssignGroup","jobAssignIndividual","jobClose","jobCreate","jobDelete","jobForceStop","jobReopenClosed","jobUpdateAttachments","jobUpdateDate","jobUpdateDescription","jobUpdateExtendedProperties","jobUpdateHolds","jobUpdateName","jobUpdateNotes","jobUpdateOwner","jobUpdateParentJob","jobUpdatePriority","jobUpdateStatus","jobUpdateVersions","jobUpgrade","viewCreatePanel","viewDetailsPanelAttachments","viewDetailsPanelComments","viewDetailsPanelDiagram","viewDetailsPanelHistory","viewDetailsPanelHolds","viewDetailsPanelLocation","viewDetailsPanelNotes","viewDetailsPanelProperties","viewManagePage","viewWorkPage","workflowSetStepCurrent"]

3 - I accessed the hosted layer generated by WorkFlow and accessed the 'roles' table

4 - I copied the value from step 2 in the 'workflowPrivileges' column of all rows in the table ('roles')

SMH_Dados_Agol_0-1703817040564.png

This way, I regained access to all WorkFlow functionalities and was able to redo the access configuration.

I hope it helped you.

0 Kudos