Cannot add workers when overwrite assignment layer

10-24-2017 08:27 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I am trying to overwrite the assignment with a layer that kind of follows these guidelines: Workforce schema—Workforce for ArcGIS | ArcGIS. I can see the assignments just fine when I open the workforce project but when I try to add workers I get "Item is not accessible" in dev mode of my browser.

Here are the fields I have in my layer:

So I have the fields I need to supply:

You need to supply values for the following fields:

Field

Definition

Value to provide

SHAPE

The point location of the assignment

An x,y coordinate pair

status

The assignment's status, from the values in the Assign_Status domain

• 0 (Unassigned) to create unassigned work
  • 1 (Assigned) if you are going to assign the work as part of its creation
Caution:

If you are going to assign the work, you also need to include values for the workerId and assignedDatefields, described in a later table.

assignmentType

The type of the assignment, from the values in the Assign_Type domain

Any valid value from the Assign_Type domain

Text description of the point location of the assignment

An address; an x,y coordinate pair; or any descriptive text

assignmentRead

Specifies if the worker has viewed the assignment

0 since the assignment is unread

dispatcherId

The ID of the dispatcher creating the assignment (dispatchers.OBJECTID from the Dispatchers layer)

May be the dispatcher ID for the ArcGIS organizational user you are connected as, or could be the ID of a particular dispatcher associated with the project

Questions:

1. Should I remove all the extra fields and keep only what is needed for workforce? 

2. Is the process of overwriting the assignment layer breaking something in the app itself?

Thank you,

Alex

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Alex,

Are you trying to replace the existing Assignments feature service that is created when a Workforce Project is created, with a new, different feature service?

Craig

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Correct.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Alex,

This workflow isn't supported with Workforce.  I'd like to understand the use case around replacing the assignments feature service that is created when the Workforce Project is created, with a new, different feature service.  Can you elaborate on why you're overwriting the Assignments feature service?

Craig

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am working on a storm water project. They have structure, treatment, and conveyance inspections collected in related tables in collector. In our workflow, each inspection record becomes an assignment with its own priority, status, assignment type.... for example: there is a broken pipe. The client wants straight from collector to be able say it is a high priority and send a crew of people out there. Workforce would be great for this.

What I ended doing is download replica, make each of the inspections records point features (instead of simple records), add and delete certain fields and republish to show them in collector where are the high priorities and low priorities.

0 Kudos