Workforce Survey123 integration

05-02-2017 06:18 PM
DavidOrridgee
New Contributor

Just noticed the latest update of workforce includes mapping to surveys at the assignment type level....

"There are key new enhancements for the mobile worker and project owner. As the Project Owner, you can now choose a web map or survey at the assignment type level when defining the app integration with Collector for ArcGIS and Survey123 for ArcGIS. This means that you can design surveys and web maps that are focused on the specific task that your mobile worker needs to complete."

So now I can now select a sewer or water job in Workforce and open the appropriate survey in Survey123 and the location in Workforce populates the  geopoint question in survey123, this is great.

But there was also talk of pre filling the workOrderId  from Workforce to Survey123. Is this part of the latest update? if so how is the configured?

cheers

24 Replies
IngridAldridge1
New Contributor III

Is this the Survey123 update which was just released or is there a Workforce update that will allow this to work?

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Ingrid,

We are working on a release of Workforce that will provide the ability to pass information to Survey123 (and Collector). This update is scheduled for mid-late August September.

Craig

JustinRoberson
New Contributor III

Hi Craig,

Any news or updates on this upcoming feature to pass values from Workforce into Survey123?

Count me in as another person that would like the ability to pass the GlobalID value into Survey123 as well. We are not using a work order ID for our project but would still like the ability to maintain relationships through a unique ID such as a GlobalID.

Thanks for your consideration!

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Justin,

We're working on the ability to pass either the Assignment Location text or Work Order ID to Survey123 and Collector in our next release which is currently set of the end of Q3.  We've had to push it back from our original estimates to include other work.

We'll then look at enhancing the set of fields you can specify in a follow-on release and GlobalID will be at the top of the list.  There is a way you can do this, with some customization, when our release is available, which I'm more than happy to provide.  If you'd like to test it out now, send me an email or DM through Geoent.

Craig

JustinRoberson
New Contributor III

Sounds great! Thanks for the update Craig. I'll reach out once the update is available.

0 Kudos
IngridAldridge1
New Contributor III

We're really looking forward to this update.  It is going to really strengthen our use of Survey123 and combined with the pull data function in Survey123 is going to greatly enhance the user experience.  It is going to be like Christmas!

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Good news Ingrid, we're working hard to get this release wrapped up soon and available.

You should see an announcement on it soon.

0 Kudos
ElleW
by
New Contributor III

On the contrary, I do not want the geopoint to be populated by Workforce. The reason is because my location is not exact, it is just a guide for Workers to go around the area (as Workforce does not create buffer polygon) and I want them to pin point the exact location. Can I turn off the auto populate geopoint by Workforce? Right now, there is a tendency for the workers to forget to go to the map and pin point the location. I do not see a way to force the workers to verify location as it is already populated on the map. Or is there a way I auto-populate the GPS location of the workers? I totally disagree with using GPS signal alone to determine the location as the GPS signal can be poor at certain location or even no GPS signal. There is also issue such as the workers moving around. But it might be better than no location is recorded because the workers forget to pin point it on the map. 

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Elle,

Can you explain in more detail what you are after because you mention you don't want a point in workforce but you want them to be guided to a location/area, etc. This thread is about integration of Survey123 with Workforce and part of Survey123 has the ability to pin point exact locations by manually selecting on a map or automatically (map read only with the GPS signal) not Workforce. If you want to pin point the exact location relating to assets, etc. then Collector would be a better tool to use so the location of the asset record is altered.

In Workforce when a user logs in, their GPS location is sent back to the feature service and that is how you can see where the worker is currently located

0 Kudos
ElleW
by
New Contributor III

Hi Anthony, 

I am using Survey123 to collect animals. I use Workforce to let workers know where roughly the animal can be spotted and manage workers. Workers will collect the field information using Survey123. As animal moves, workers will need to pin point the location on the map of where they catch the animal. I am using Survey123 because there are quite a number of required fields. Using Collector, they will still be able to submit the form even though workers did not fill in the required fields and they tend not to complete the required fields. Survey123 will not submit the form until they enter all the required fields. When I integrate Workforce and Survey123, the geopoint will be populated with the location from Workforce, which is something I am trying to get around with. Either location is not populated (by Workforce) or auto populate the location of the auto populated by the GPS location (kinda like Collector). 

0 Kudos