Licensing Issues

04-02-2024 07:18 AM
KelvinD123
New Contributor

Hi, I just renewed my ArcGIS Desktop license yesterday, and I tried to access ArcMap. It wouldn't let me access the program on account of having an expired license, so I tried to see if yesterday's order came with an authorization code via my email. It didn't. I even checked My Esri to look for licensing information, but I only saw my expired information from last year. How can I access ArcMap again? Can I just ask for a new authorization code?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

You don't mention if this is the Home Use license or not. If it was a Home Use license, ESRI stopped issuing new licenses in January so you are out of luck in that case (my Home Use renewal was in February so I just missed the cut).

The ESRI Blog recently had this post about Arcmap and subscription licenses. Again, you're probably out of luck and will have to migrate cold turkey to Pro. My condolences..

KelvinD123
New Contributor

Yeah, it was a license for personal use. I won it in a raffle. I just thought I could renew it and use ArcMap again. I was trying to take a GIS course that required ArcMap, and I originally had the correct license needed for it. Oh well. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos