Add button to ESRI tool on custom toolbar

04-11-2010 01:29 PM
MikeLouwrens
Occasional Contributor III
I have created a custom toolbar that has a couple of ESRI tools on it that do not have a default button image. How can I set an image for these buttons on my toolbar?

I can create/add a button image on custom tools that I add on my toolbar, but can't figure out how to set an image for the ESRI tools.

For example on my toolbar I have the Merge command (comes from Editor > Merge), added to the toolbar in vb.net using
AddItem("esriEditor.MergeCommand")
This tool has no default image, just the text "Merge" - I want to set an image on my toolbar.

Thanks,
Mike.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeBrickley
New Contributor II
Hi Mike,
Open the customise window using menu (either Tools - Customize in 9.3 or Customize - customize mode in v10) or right click a toolbar and scroll down to 'customize' option. While this window is open right click on the button on your toolbar  for which you want to change the image and select 'change button image'.
regards
Joe
0 Kudos
Venkata_RaoTammineni
Occasional Contributor
I have created a custom toolbar that has a couple of ESRI tools on it that do not have a default button image. How can I set an image for these buttons on my toolbar?

I can create/add a button image on custom tools that I add on my toolbar, but can't figure out how to set an image for the ESRI tools.

For example on my toolbar I have the Merge command (comes from Editor > Merge), added to the toolbar in vb.net using
AddItem("esriEditor.MergeCommand")
This tool has no default image, just the text "Merge" - I want to set an image on my toolbar.

Thanks,
Mike.

http://resources.esri.com/help/9.3/ArcGISDesktop/dotnet/a7e6a803-d80b-43bf-984c-428f0133e6e9.htm
0 Kudos