Autoload AddIn Extension in ArcCatalog

08-25-2010 05:21 AM
DaveMcPherson
New Contributor III
I have recently upgraded to ArcGIS10 & am using VS2010 with VB.Net and ArcObjects.

I'm trying to port my VBA customisations across to the VB.Net environment. I have a simple utility which unloads any loaded extensions (3D, Spatial, Network & Publisher) on shutdown of both ArcMap & ArcCatalog, so that at next startup they are switched off.

I have successfully ported the ArcMap version, creating an add-in extension which autoloads & hooks into the IDocumentEvents.CloseDocument event to fire the script. However, I cannot get ArcCatalog to autoload any extension created as a Desktop AddIn Extension - i.e. not associated with any UI controls. The extension startup event stubs fail to fire, indicating that no autoload is taking place despite this being specified in the wizard & addin config XML - autoload = "true". For pure code-based extensions, there does not seem to be any other way of enabling them via the AddIn Manager, other than by auto-loading them.

I would like to avoid having to go the route of developing a fully managed extension for this simple task, which should be achievable using the Desktop AddIns.

Any ideas?

Dave
0 Kudos
2 Replies
georgandersson
New Contributor II
hi dave

did you solve this issue?

regards

george
0 Kudos
DaveMcPherson
New Contributor III
Hi George

Yes, after upgrading to the ArcGIS10 SP1 release I had no more problems with this.

Regards

Dave
0 Kudos