Can't find Guid for Modify Sketch Vertices Tool

01-12-2011 08:55 AM
RickSipin
New Contributor
Does anyone know how to access the Modify Sketch Vertices tool, located on the Edit Vertices toolbar programatically? I can't seem to locate the GUID for the tool in the Registry, and I'm trying to set it as the active tool for a custom template when launching into a shape edit for an existing feature.

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlexanderGray
Occasional Contributor III
I think it is "{9EBF3A1E-D0C0-11D0-802D-0000F8037368}"
0 Kudos
RickSipin
New Contributor
Alexander,
Thanks, but that's the GUID for the EditTool, which is close, but not quite what I'm looking for.
-Rick
0 Kudos
NeilClemmons
Regular Contributor III
The Guids for most of the ArcMap tools and commands are listed here:

http://help.arcgis.com/en/sdk/10.0/arcobjects_net/conceptualhelp/index.html#/ArcMap_commands/0001000...
0 Kudos
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor

I know this is old, but for the benefit of anyone looking for the Modify Sketch Vertices tool the GUID / ProjID is:

{A4AF2F51-8365-4122-8B04-638413E6510E} / esriEditor.EditToolEditSketchCommand

The GUID / ProjID for the Edit Vertices button on the Editor toolbar is:

{D0F62794-98C4-447A-A0B2-4ECDB6554FC9} / esriEditor.FeatureEditVerticesCommand

I am still looking for the GUID / ProjID of the Flip command under the Editor category, which is described as:

Flip

Change the direction of the sketch.  The first point added to the sketch becomes the last point.

Edit:  I found out the ProgID for Flip is simply esriEditor.FlipCommand.  I came up with that by trial and error, and I did not try to get the GUID, since I am not working on an ArcObjects program/add-in, only a Python Add-in, which just needed the ProjID.  But ArcObjects users can find the GUID through the ProjID.

0 Kudos