Troubleshoot add-in not working on user machines

09-19-2023 11:08 AM
JonathanHenry1
New Contributor

I wrote .NET add-in for ArcMap 10.6.1 that works perfectly fine on my dev machine but when I distribute to others to install, it errors out when opening one specific tool.

When a user clicks on the tool, a windows form should open...instead, arcmap spins for a second then they get the arcmap error asking to send feedback to arcmap.

I pulled the arcmap error log and all it gave me is this exception code... 0xE0434352.

I have another similar tool that operates perfectly. When the user clicks on the tool, it the form opens as it should. the only difference between the two is that the inoperable form has an oxyplot control on it. 

Anyone have a suggestion as to how to go about troubleshooting something like this on other machines when the add-in works perfectly on the dev machine? I put a log in to write out errors but it seems to error out before any logs get written. I even put a try/catch around the initializecomponent method of the form being opened and still it doesnt reach that point.

Thanks,

jon

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrentHoskisson
Occasional Contributor III

That error code simply means it is a DotNet exception.  What are you seeing in the event viewer?  Does your client have the correct version of DotNet installed? 

Brent Hoskisson

0 Kudos
JonathanHenry1
New Contributor

Sorry for the late response, I would up going down with Covid last week.

I am seeing nothing in the event viewer and they do have the correct version of dotnet installed. The second button and form work perfectly.

jon

0 Kudos