Updating feature layer with dynamic map enabled

Jump to solution
05-12-2014 09:28 PM
NileshParulekar
New Contributor II
In my application I am using dunamic map with few dynamic layers and few standard feature layer connected with file gdb feature class.
The dynamic layers works fine. But I am having issues with the standard feature layer.

The updations and insertions on feature class is not getting reflected in the corresponding feature layer. I have tried refresh of active view, refresh map, invalidate screen display, but the feature layer just wont update. Only when I zoom in and out for 2-3 levels then the feature layer redraws fetching new data from feature class and display the updation. The updation/insertion in feature class is done wihtin workspace edit session.

If I disable dynamic map then the feature layer does update when I invalidate the screendisplay or partial refresh the active view. So there should not be any issue with that code. But I need dynamic map capability and want to use the standard feature layers.

Is there any way to force updation of feature layer in dynamic map, even if I have to redraw the whole extent.
Please advice. Thanks in advance.

Note: I am using Arc Object API 10.2 in Linux 32 bit.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NileshParulekar
New Contributor II
Solved
I was trying to initialise the dynamicachelayermanager before adding the layer to the map. After adding the layer to the map it works fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NileshParulekar
New Contributor II
I did some debugging and find out that during initialising of IDynamicCacheLayerManager, thath is IDynamicCacheLayerManager.init function; failed with error "Missing raster band wavelength properties" for the feature layer.

Will appricate help if anyone can shed some light on it.
0 Kudos
NileshParulekar
New Contributor II
Solved
I was trying to initialise the dynamicachelayermanager before adding the layer to the map. After adding the layer to the map it works fine.
0 Kudos