where i can dind ARCGIS SDK ???

06-14-2010 05:17 AM
AbdulrahmanAlqasim
New Contributor
i want to install Arcgis SDK for .NET . i searched the internet but i couldnt  find a download link
0 Kudos
8 Replies
StefanOffermann
Occasional Contributor II
Buy ArcGIS.
0 Kudos
RuchiraWelikala
Occasional Contributor
i want to install Arcgis SDK for .NET . i searched the internet but i couldnt  find a download link

Just to elaborate on Offermann's post a little further.  The SDK is included in your copy of ArcGIS.  It's part of the add-ons that won't install unless you specify.  So simply pop in your disc of ArcGIS 9+ and select the option to install the .NET SDK.  Should only take a few minutes.

Best of luck!
0 Kudos
AbdulrahmanAlqasim
New Contributor
Just to elaborate on Offermann's post a little further.  The SDK is included in your copy of ArcGIS.  It's part of the add-ons that won't install unless you specify.  So simply pop in your disc of ArcGIS 9+ and select the option to install the .NET SDK.  Should only take a few minutes.

Best of luck!

thank you very much
0 Kudos
PeteCrossing
New Contributor
Our ArcGIS Desktop 10 Setup / modify installation does not bring up an SDK as an option. It shows only Applications (ArcCatalog, ArcMap, Styles, Templates, Python) which are all installed, and Extensions (3D Analyst etc.).

The setup was from a download not a CD.

Please tell me what I'm missing to get the SDK installed!
0 Kudos
YaminiManickam
New Contributor III
Please contact ESRI Customer service at 1-888-377-4575 and they should be able to provide you a link to download the SDK installation files associated with your account.
0 Kudos
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor
You should have Visual Studio installed, you cannot install the SDK if it does not exists.
0 Kudos
SPhilip
New Contributor II
Hello,

Did anyone manage to solve this issue? I have a similar sort of problem.

I was watching the following youtube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbvvFtRQWLY
where they explain how to use Arcobjects in visual studio 2010. The video shows that when one opens a new project in 'visual basic 2010 express' then there is the GIS template which can be opened, i have attached a screenshot showing the GIS template option shown in the video that i am talking about, (she talks about this right in the start of the video). But when i open 'visual basic 2010 express' on my computer i do not see the option, maybe i need to install this template, but i cannot gather how to do this. I tried re-installing ArcGIS this morning hoping that this might affect something (I am using ArcGIS 9.1,) but i still cannot get this GIS template to show up on my visual studio 2010 express.
I think this is related to ArcGIS SDK, i have completely installed the developer kit that i have but i still cannot make the GIS template appear in visual basic 2010. How do i get started so that i can see the ArcGIS option when i open a new project on visual studio 2010 express (like the lady shows in the start of the video)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Susan
0 Kudos
StefanOffermann
Occasional Contributor II
I tried re-installing ArcGIS this morning hoping that this might affect something (I am using ArcGIS 9.1,) but i still cannot get this GIS template to show up on my visual studio 2010 express.

If I remember correctly, you have to use the correct version of Visual Studio, depending of the ArcGIS Version you are using.

ArcGIS 9.1 -> Visual Studio 2003
ArcGIS 9.2 -> Visual Studio 2005
ArcGIS 9.3(.1) -> Visual Studio 2008
ArcGIS 10 -> Visual Studio 2010

Hope this helps.

Best regads, Stefan

ps: Are you really still using 9.1? Seems kinda outdated...
0 Kudos