Add limited number of features to related tables

04-21-2016 12:25 AM
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

I got an ArcPad project file from our client which includes related tables. The related tables are loaded within the form when a new polygon is added.

Now I want to limit the number of features that can be added for this polygon. I thought of putting a loop on the "add" button, but I don't find a way to access or manipulate it.

Can anyone help me on this?

Besides: I found a spelling mistake in the Alias and the field name, when looking at the list view of the related table. Can I correct those somewhere? I can only access the caption at this point.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

Regarding alias and field names - these come from the GDB - so the changes would need to be made there.

For limiting the number of features, you could create an onClick event for the OK button, and using a SQL query to determine how many related records you have on the feature, if it exceeds a given number, don't let the user proceed (or better still use the query to warn the user when they submit a related record that equals the maximum number).

0 Kudos
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Dear Marika,

Thanks for your comment.

The best would be that the plus button even disappears after the fourth crop was entered.

You also don't have an idea where I could access this plus button, do you?

0 Kudos
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

I agree it would be ideal if you hide the plus button, but unfortunately that level of control in not available in the ArcPad object model.