ArcPad 10.2 Custom setup?

Jump to solution
09-16-2015 01:16 PM
JustinQuesada
New Contributor

Hello GeoPeople!

I was fiddling with my ArcPad 10.2 installer and noticed it had 3 options, install, modify, and uninstall. I have noticed that this option only occurs when the software has been installed. When going to install on a desktop that does not have ArcPad yet, the option for a custom setup is not given. Is there a way to access the option for a custom install without having the software already setup? Many thanks.

Regards,

Justin

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FreddieGibson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Justin,

I was able to confirm that the install we provide doesn't allow you to remove any of the items installed by the ArcPad installer. If you wanted to modify the install you'd have install ArcPad on a machine, retrieve all of the files you're needing to be installed, and write a custom script to install them as needed.

Although you could easily move the ArcPad files around to nearly any location you want, you would have to follow particular steps to move the files related to the ArcPad Data Manager and get them registered on the machine. These dlls would drive the integration of the ArcPad Data Manager within the Desktop client.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
FreddieGibson

Are you seeing any features that you can modify in the wizard? I installed ArcPad on my machine and the modify dialog appears blank. I honestly can't think of any features that you'd be able to customize with the ArcPad install.

2015-09-16_1329.png

JustinQuesada
New Contributor

That is exactly what I am seeing. I was looking to leave out the pocket SQL, and ArcPad Studio. We do not use the axf format and there are users who do not need studio. I was hoping that I would be able to tell the installer to leave these out, This may push me to a more technically route

0 Kudos
FreddieGibson

I don't think that would be possible via the installer. I'll need to ask around to double check.

0 Kudos
JustinQuesada
New Contributor

Thank you, I appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
FreddieGibson

Hi Justin,

I was able to confirm that the install we provide doesn't allow you to remove any of the items installed by the ArcPad installer. If you wanted to modify the install you'd have install ArcPad on a machine, retrieve all of the files you're needing to be installed, and write a custom script to install them as needed.

Although you could easily move the ArcPad files around to nearly any location you want, you would have to follow particular steps to move the files related to the ArcPad Data Manager and get them registered on the machine. These dlls would drive the integration of the ArcPad Data Manager within the Desktop client.